Senior Manager, Competitive Ops (Americas)
Job Id: REQ-0005715
As our Sr. Manager, Competitive Operations for the Americas, you will report to the Head of Esports for the Americas, directly manage the competitive operations team in North America and work with the competitive operations teams in Latin America and Brazil, providing oversight, mentorship and best practices. You will join a lean but impactful team of sports professionals to support the governance and operation of the most sophisticated esports ecosystems in the world. You and your team will design the vision for the competitive ecosystem across our esports titles in the region and a healthy business environment for teams and professional players, and world-class esports entertainment for fans
In addition to your leadership role on the team across all of Riot's esports, you'll put your primary focus on VALORANT and supporting the Americas conference and the NA Domestic League.
- Directly support the VALORANT Americas Conference and work with your team to support the VALORANT NA Domestic League.
- Partner with the Global and Regional Competitive Operations leads, Product Leads and Strategy Leads, to further develop the competitive pyramid to help ensure that Riot Esports maintains its position as the most engaging and fan-focused competition in sports with a path to pro that is clear and accessible.
- Oversee the execution of Player Engagement initiatives in the Americas to ensure players are supported at the outset of their career, during their career, and after they've retired
- Provide guidance for the regional teams in North America, LATAM and Brazil for the execution of match operations and league management and ensure best practices are implemented across all competitions
- Partner with Global and Regional teams in the Americas to oversee and develop best practices around the rules and policies for match operations and league management for each of our sports, with the goal of maintaining competition integrity and proactively protecting against emerging challenges
- Partner with the Competitive Operations Compliance Team to oversee the administration of product-specific investigations with the goal of ensuring Riot esports are governed with fairness, consistency and transparency
- Lead a team across North America, that is focused on the day-to-day aspects of Competition Management and Compliance administration for VALORANT esports
- You have a minimum of 8+years experience in the field of sports consulting, management or esports operations.
- You have a minimum of 4+ years experience managing teams, with a proven track record managing teams and achieving excellent results
- You are able to effectively collaborate with internal and external partners and sponsors
- You are a fan of sports or esports
- You have experience participating in sports or competitive gaming
- You have experience leading successful contractual negotiations
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.