Insights Analyst II - Wild Rift
Job Id: REQ-0005844
As Analysts at Riot, we build analyses that help Rioters to make difficult decisions. We are part of an interdisciplinary team that works with Rioters from other disciplines (i.e. - designers, artists, engineers, producers) to conduct studies and analyses that will inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products.
League of Legends: Wild Rift is a large and complex game designed from the ground-up to recreate the authentic feel of League of Legends gameplay on mobile & console. Wild Rift generates enormous amounts of data to inform gameplay design and product strategy. As a key member of the Wild Rift Insights team reporting to the Insights Manager, you will conduct analyses on large datasets to better understand the player experience through our game systems, features, and live services. Types of analysis you will dive into may include balance analytics, game pacing studies, new feature/content evaluation, goal-setting with designers, or other foundational gameplay analysis.
You'll also be partnered with people across different work functions and external teams, so relationship management is an important part of your craft. If through your quantitative analyses, you are excited to surface how players engage with the game to help the team make better decisions, this is a great opportunity.
- Partner with designers and producers on the game team to generate insights and frameworks that will inform the game product strategy
- Design and interpret KPIs to measure and optimize product performance across global audiences
- Generate reports on gameplay health and feature performance
- Provide strategic insights to test teams’ assumptions and inform their actions
- Collect, transform, and analyze complex data sets to more deeply understand our players and their behaviors
- Share your results with partners in clear, illustrative presentations and interactive dashboards
- 4+ years of experience in business intelligence, systems analysis, or related fields
- Proficiency in SQL, can maintain complex spreadsheets, and experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Deep love for the scientific method - developing and testing hypotheses, and reporting on outcomes are important functions
- Experience analyzing large datasets and communicating recommendations to leadership/partners
- Advanced degrees in Economics, Behavioral Economics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Management Information Systems, a related discipline, or comparable work experiences
- Can take broad questions and refine them into tightly-defined data requirements
- Fluency in Mandarin a plus
- Specific experience with the MOBA game genre (League of Legends, DOTA, Arena of Valor, Honor of Kings, or other games)
- Experience with mobile games or mobile games development a plus
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.