Motion Graphics Artist, VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0006050
Motion Graphics Artists concept and give life to high quality motion projects for Riot Games products. Your technical skills and keen aesthetic eye for motion and compositing will transform static images into dynamic works of art. You will make creative decisions to define how elements within projects will interact, build, transition, and function in collaboration with artists, designers and engineers.
As a Motion Graphics Artist on VALORANT, you will design, lead, and execute on all of Valorant’s motion needs like UI animatics, page transitions, full motion user flows, and more. You will collaborate with UI artists, UX designers, Audio, Engineering, and QA to create stable and performant motion graphics that level up the player experience across platforms.
- Create UI animatics by taking the visuals of menus, buttons, navigation flows, and UI and animating them according to the VALORANT quality bar and style;
- Create motion graphics with Unreal Engine, including documenting motion conventions and best practices for future artists to leverage;
- Confidently operate as a subject matter expert on motion graphics on the VALORANT team, able to effectively communicate and represent what motion can be used for and when it shouldn’t be leveraged;
- Understand and present the product features goals temporally, breathe life into the Valorant experience by adding dynamic elements and visual effects to static artwork;
- Adeptly navigate feedback with Riot and external partners to achieve the products goals;
- Utilize various technical formats of VALORANT style animations in the most efficient and performant way that achieves the goals of VALORANT.
- 3+ years of professional experience as a motion graphics artist;
- Experience with the Adobe Suite including After Effects.
- Experience creating animated mockups for functional User Interfaces;
- Experience working in 3D with motion including Cinema4D, Maya, 3dMax, or other industry standard plug-ins;
- Knowledge of Valorant IP and style
- Experience in Unreal or desire to learn motion implementation in Unreal
- Knowledge of best practices for optimized implementation
- Knowledge of writing shaders
- Knowledge of C++ fundamentals
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.