Business Strategist - Publishing, Strategy
Job Id: REQ-0006073
At Riot, Publishing is how we connect with players around the world. Publishing teams focus on designing, orchestrating, and delivering holistic experiences across the gaming, Esports, and entertainment product portfolio. Publishing's core capabilities include marketing, commercial partnerships, player support, localization, and cross-product experiences.
As a Business Strategist II, you will be part of the integrated Publishing Strategy & Operations team, reporting to a Sr Manager of Business Strategy. This is a cross-functional team of business strategists, analysts and researchers focused on supporting the President of Publishing and senior publishing leadership. As a generalist on the team, you’ll advise and mobilize strategy across multiple dimensions; including target audience and product opportunities, publishing strategies and operating models. You’ll assess new opportunities for publishing, build an understanding of our capability gaps, and partner with Rioters across the world to bring your ideas to life. Lastly, your broad strategic skill set and collaborative mindset will ensure cohesive decision-making across the globally distributed publishing business.
- Develop insights and synthesize strategic and operational recommendations for publishing leadership
- Conduct research and subject matter expert interviews to develop actionable fact bases and develop publishing subject matter expertise
- Develop frameworks that guide senior publishing leadership thinking through complex or ambiguous problem spaces
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analyses, aligned to relevant strategic frameworks
- Develop a deep understanding across a number of Publishing’s business units and become a subject matter expert in a number of emerging publishing capabilities
- Develop and deliver presentations to communicate findings and recommendations to publishing leadership
- Partner with counterparts across Riot’s various games as well as technical partners to assess optimal operationalization and implementation plans
- Establish trust-based working relationships with team members and leaders across Riot
- 2+ years experience in management consulting strategy role (pre-MBA) or 4+ years in a similar corporate role (e.g. corporate strategy)
- Experience driving analysis of complex or ambiguous problem spaces spanning multiple organizations
- Experience facilitating across multiple organizations or working teams
- Experience working in go-to-market strategy, operating model design, or international market strategy and operations
- Experience taking an idea from conception and delivering a successful product/service to a broad audience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- International work experience working with partners of multiple cultures
- Familiarity with common business models across the gaming industry, particularly mobile
- Passionate about games and the player experience; able to empathize with the joys and plights of players
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.