Technical Program Manager Intern
Job Id: 5092
As Technical Program Managers at Riot, we lead passionate teams to create products and experiences that seek to achieve maximum player value. We guide development, smash through obstacles and push projects across the finish line while making sure that our teams are sustainable and have a great collaborative environment.
In Data as a Service, We believe that when every Rioter uses data, Riot will be the most player-focused game company in the world. Our mission is to transform and enrich the data experience to enable Rioters around the company to delight our players. As a Technical Program Manager in the Riot Data group, You will work with cross-functional development teams as a product steward as they architect, build, and deploy our products and services while helping to manage communications and dependencies along the way.
- You will work with cross-functional development teams as a product/delivery steward as they architect, build, and deploy our products and services while helping to manage communications and dependencies along the way.
- Assist product delivery of select Data as a Service Digital features by scheduling meetings and organizing data around inflight projects in Jira, Confluence, and other tools.
- Work with Software Engineers, Product Managers, and Delivery Leads to document product and technical requirements.
- Communicate the value proposition of the product to all partners, building momentum and support, anchored in delivering player value.
- Helping to manage essential customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Help to manage expectations with partners in Riot Data and related game teams.
- Lead regular rituals.
- Follow up on blockers and dependencies.
- Help track and manage timelines to ensure success within the Data as a Service calendar.
- Help to manage shifts in schedule and dependencies with other producers to ensure product success.
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks at our Los Angeles Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Introductory understanding of Scrum
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close October 31st 12:00pm PT
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).