Manager, Technical Program Management, TTCG
Job Id: REQ-0006116
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Manager, Technical Project Manager in Tencent Technology Collaboration Group, you’ll be in the tech operation team to bring value to players globally. You’ll oversee the deployment, maintenance, and improvement of the infrastructure and services running the game. You will work with the engineers on your team to set objectives, and roadmaps and prioritize emergent tasks at a sub-initiative level. You will lead a global technical project management team, you will assess requests from and help bridge gaps between other teams, both technical and non-technical, both inside and outside of Riot.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- Lead highly autonomous Riot and Tencent teams towards a shared vision and roadmap
- Strategy & Vision Focused on Project Outcomes of the Wild Rift Ops team
- Priority of Customer Needs & Customer Engagement
- SLA Definition & Adherence for the Wild Rift Ops team
- OKR Definition & Adherence for the Wild Rift Ops team
- Manage development schedules and emergent tasks, while mitigating risks and managing tradeoffs
- Create transparency and predictability with roadmaps, planning, and stakeholder management
- Promote agreement on technical decisions, and ensure teams are staffed for high-quality results
- Improve the scalability and repeatability of Riot’s delivery pipeline to customers
- 5+ years of experience managing technical projects, through the full software lifecycle or for live 24/7 services
- 2+ years of experience leading a team, with 4+ direct reports
- Broad technical understanding of common operational and development challenges
- Have a sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to technical teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate project risks and issues
- Possess a depth and breadth of project management skills and tools that you are able to implement strategically
- Experience working with distributed teams and facilitating virtual meetings
- Bachelors in CS, Math, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Clear communication and excellent stakeholder management skills
- Business fluency in Mandarin and English, and can promote collaboration across language and culture
- 10% travel to Riot & Tencent offices in Shanghai and Shenzhen
- Experience with game production or operations, including collaborating with 3rd party studios
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, containerized services, networking, database solutions, and microservice architectures
- Experience with continuous integration & deployment flow
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.