Financial Ops Manager
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Finance Ops Manager, you'll be providing support to the Business Development team in launching and monitoring successful ventures with different Payment Service Providers (PSP). You’ll also play a crucial role in creating value through driving improvements in the purchasing process and strategy including selection, negotiation, and tracking of vendors. You’ll develop your team to instill confidence across the LAS office that the payables functions are OP.
As a Santiago Rioter, you’ll join a growing team of player-focused pros that share a rejection of convention and a maniacal passion for gaming. Riot Games Santiago is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren't lost in translation.
- A financial spelunker: you'll scour the surface and delve to the depths, searching far and wide for the best deal; you're inconceivably passionate about saving money and making smart financial decisions
- Educated and experienced: you've earned a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance; you've spent 2-4 years in a fast-paced, high volume transaction processing environment and understand contractual business lingo, financial forecasting, capital and operating expenses, and accruals
- Player-focused: your left brain loves numbers, your right brain can find creative uses for them, but your whole brain loves gaming; you use your gaming XP to bring it all together and create analytical clarity from the murkiest of problems; bonus points for ranked LoL play
- A people person: you're comfortable working with outside vendors as well as collaborating and commingling with fellow Rioters, especially when resolving their payable woes
- Humbitious: you're intellectually curious, always willing to admit what you don't know; you're unafraid of asking questions that ensure alignment with leadership
- Lead or partner on operational or strategic initiatives that drive long-term player value and facilitate the purchasing process—including selection, negotiation, and tracking of vendor agreements
- Partner with Business Development on launching, monitoring, and analyzing PSP operations, bank reconciliations, and revenue reports
- Act as an info conduit, serving as a centralized financial knowledge repository for each of the Office's teams
- Drive the forecasting process for one or more teams, supporting them with models, tools, and ad hoc analysis that facilitate deeper understanding of the business and the numbers behind it
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.