Senior Software Engineer, Gameplay - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0006304
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer II, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer within Research & Development, you are armed with a wealth of knowledge on the intricacies of gameplay technology to inject life into Riot’s exciting new games. You will work in a small team alongside a product lead and designers to answer fundamental product questions to build experiences that will fulfill our players’ impossible dreams.
- Design and implement robust, scalable, and performant solutions in close collaboration with other disciplines
- Implement prototypes to find answers to product questions
- Collaborate with product and discipline leads to identify focus areas, handoff points, and provide the best solution for the development phase
- Follow and contribute to the technical direction and standards for the team
- Mentor other engineers on the team in all aspects of game development
- 4+ years of gameplay development experience
- BS in Computer Science, or proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Experience using game engines (ex. Unity, Unreal Engine)
- Experience developing and shipping games
- Experience collaborating with teammates across multiple disciplines
- Product sense, pragmatism, and player empathy in making tech decisions
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or 5
- Experience with general gameplay systems
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.