Director of Art Direction - Global Marketing
Job Id: REQ-0006346
As Art Directors at Riot, we oversee the quality and management of teams with a focus on Mission, Direction, and Cohesion. Our scope of responsibilities include overall culture, performance, and growth of our teams and the world-class work they provide.
As the Director of Art Direction for Global Marketing, you will be the head Marketing Art Director across all of the Riot Games marketing efforts, which include art direction, visual design, concept art, and brand identity development for Live Service Games, R&D, Riot Brand and Entertainment marketing needs. You would drive alignment on production goals and define the quality standards for all Riot’s visual storytelling for global marketing through great partnerships. Ensuring there is consistency in overall culture, career growth, craft development and animation production experience to deliver high quality visual guidance and direction in a multitude of mediums, across all platforms and games for the Marketing teams’ largest Franchise brand moments. You will lead and support your team by advocating for artistic quality and effective collaboration on a broad range of brand and marketing initiatives. You will report to the Head of Creative for Global Marketing.
- Inspire artists and leaders with vision for Art in marketing that supports Riot’s purpose and mission
- Build a creative organization that recruits, hires and develops outstanding artists to support Global Marketing Creative needs
- Develop and drive the strategy for efficient creative development pipelines, tooling, and scalable outsourcing
- Partner with Marketing leadership to define the roadmap, scope, budget, and resourcing for Live Service Games, R&D, Riot Brand, and Entertainment
- Drive art leaders across the League of Legends and VALORANT IPs to develop unique brands that resonate with players around the world
- Hold art leadership accountable for the growth and career development of their team in craft, collaboration, and process
- Communicate process and creative standards effectively across the marketing organization to create brand consistency
- Ensure a healthy development pace, performance measurements, and compensation consistency for artists and team leads
- Grow the team and develop onboarding / offboarding plans
- 8+ years of professional experience, including 4+ years in a leadership role for a creative organization
- A diverse portfolio of brands, showcasing resonant experiences across a variety of audiences and platforms
- History of organizational leadership to produce results
- Persistent self-education around innovations in marketing creative
- Demonstrated ability to lead inspiring, diverse teams
- Experience with Tools: Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, or video production software
- Experience in motion graphics, illustration, animation, or 2D/CG Production
- User experience as it relates to web, mobile, console, and software development
- Knowledge of League of Legends and VALORANT IPs and other industry competitors
- Game publishing experience
- Creative direction and campaign strategic development experience
- Project management and organizational design experience
For this role, you'll find success through leadership expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.