Manager, Game Product Management, Wild Rift Shanghai
Job Id: REQ-0006395
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Product Managers at Riot, we seek deep understanding of player expectations and drive product directions. We lead passionate cross-functional teams to create innovative products and experiences that seek to deliver maximum player value. We drive development, smash through obstacles, and push projects across the finish-line. We meet and exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, enhance, and influence projects at every stage of production.
As a Manager, Game Product Management for Wild Rift Shanghai, you'll report to the Production Lead on Wild Rift, in the Shanghai Studio. You'll work with Riot and partner product teams to gain deep understanding of their product goals, and bridge communication, align and prioritize goals. You'll also manage product owners in the teams.
Your work may involve travel to Los Angeles and Shenzhen
- Develop the through line from product vision to mission, goals and ultimately shaping product strategy collaboratively with co-developer teams to provide value for players in China and Rest of World
- Harness the strengths of our development and publishing partners to facilitate the formation of strategic, meaningful product priorities, rather than reactive feature delivery
- Manage collaboration and alignment between Wild Rift, partner leadership teams by unifying common goals and clearly communicating the value being delivered to players every release
- Drive accountability by crafting meaningful KPI targets with co-developers and Riot product leads to continuously improve on future shot-calls based on post-ship reviews
- Manage and mentor Riot Shanghai Product Owners on the publishing approval team to execute on basics of game production
- Help train and grow the Wild Rift Shanghai team to take on the responsibilities of the publishing approval team
- 6+ years of games industry experience in game design or game production
- Strong understanding of mobile market
- Systems-based thinking, with a willingness to invest time to understand root cause analysis
- Strong communication skills that can bridge teams of different discipline and culture
- Experience managing cross-functional teams
- Business fluency in English and Mandarin
- Genre affinity in the mobile MOBA space
- Experience in game design and game production positions
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gamingIt's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).