Manager, Business Intelligence - Publishing, Strategy
Job Id: REQ-0006393
Business Intelligence Manager, Publishing Insights
At Riot, Publishing is how we connect with players around the world. Publishing teams focus on designing, orchestrating, and delivering holistic experiences across the gaming, Esports, and entertainment product portfolio. Publishing's core capabilities include marketing, commercial partnerships, player support, localization, and cross-product experiences.
Publishing Insights is a new team of business strategists and researchers in the office of the COO, focused on deepening Riot’s understanding of how to connect with players and fans. Our work spans research, strategy, and data analysis to uncover meaningful insights that help teams translate product strategy into Publishing actions, define our audience needs and motivations, and measure and test business performance.
As the Business Intelligence Manager on the Publishing Insights team, you will forge your own destiny in this first-of-its-kind position, advising and mobilizing strategy across multiple dimensions, including data acquisition, design, and analysis; outcomes and performance measurement; and experimentation design, implementation, and evaluation. Your broad strategic skill set and collaborative mindset will place you at the nexus of decision-making at Riot, ensuring teams are able to access and act on a 360-degree view of our players and fans. This position will report into the Head of Publishing Insights.
- Set roadmap for how Publishing determines and measures success, including audience and business metric prioritization and measurement
- Partner with data science teams to link Publishing team actions to desired outcomes (e.g., attribution modeling)
- Design and conduct experiments to test performance hypotheses
- Lead targeted analyses to support the Publishing Strategy & Operations group
- Collaborate closely with game, finance, and business health teams to make audience data consistent, accessable, and actionable to Publishing teams
- Create and lead regular performance measurement rituals (e.g. quarterly reviews) for executives and leaders at Riot
- Foster partnerships with Central Data teams at Riot to scale critical analytics datasets for use around the organization
- Grow, and eventually manage, a team of analysts (~2) while improving quality of analytics and strategy craft on team
- BA in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- 2+ years of experience managing individuals and teams
- 6+ years of professional work experience analyzing large data sets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy (or equivalent academic experience)
- Experience in SQL and/or a scripting language (e.g. Python, R, MATLAB)
- Graduate degree or meaningful work experience in consulting, consumer insights, or product strategy
- Advanced in data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Experience leading strategic projects in gaming or tech/media/telecom industries
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).