QA Engineer II - Valorant, Store
Job Id: 5409
As a QA Engineer II, you will work with numerous disciplines to drive quality ownership across the software development life cycle, as well as helping to establish and execute team wide quality goals. It will be important for you to aggressively protect the player experience and deliver results in a high pressure, agile development environment. You will also be accountable as the quality owner of an area or product in addition to identifying and implementing quality improvements to the team's development process. Additionally, you may partner with and mentor remote QA teams to ensure features are delivered at a high quality bar. Lastly, you will Identify and mitigate risks to feature delivery and product quality and craft data to report on the quality of the product and update partners.
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a QA Engineer II on the VALORANT team you will help Riot test and deliver a brand new AAA title. You will work directly with developers to support testing activities across all disciplines. You will also ensure the execution of all test coverage within your product space and manage test, telemetry, and defect data and report regularly on product quality. You will report to the Quality Manager for the project.
- You ensure the execution of various quality activities, such as test planning, testing and risk assessment for all features and content owned by your scrum team.
- You monitor and measure the impact, efficiency and effectiveness of quality activities for your team.
- You make specific recommendations for improvements on the development process and quality of the products you work on.
- You solve complex problems by innovating on best practices, and implement new ways of approaching and mitigating quality risks.
- You plan work according to team deliverables, and take direction from both your team leads and quality manager.
- You supervise external testers in their day to day tasks.
- 3+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance
- 1+ years of experience testing service features or enterprise applications
- Experience designing and executing test plans.
- Experience managing components of a defect database.
- Experience tasking remote testers and providing feedback on effectiveness.
- Experience working embedded with developers and content creators.
- Experience creating custom reports on test coverage and defect data.
- QA experience working on backend systems and services in game development
- Experience working on payment systems
- Experience with Go or C++
- Comfortable with deep-dive investigations and testing technical implementations.
- Experience using test tools such as Swagger, SQL, Postman, and SoapUI
- Experience with Perforce and Git
- Preferred Licenses/certifications:
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Expert Level
- ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).