Esports Business Development
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Esports Business Development, you will lead strategic planning, deal sourcing and negotiation, as well as partner management. You’ll locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
As a Taipei Rioter, you’ll join a smaller team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention and passion for gaming. With teams in Player Support, Community, Publishing and Marketing, Riot Games Taipei is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show Taiwan/Southeast Asia players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Strategic: you're able to see the big picture and help develop mutually beneficial partnerships
- Experienced: you have at least a bachelor's degree plus 4-5 years of experience working on business development or consulting
- A clear communicator: you can effectively communicate in any medium: presentations, email, conference calls, etc.; you're able to convert large amount of information and data into clear, professional presentations
- Detail-oriented: you're organized with high attention to detail
- A proven multi-tasker: you're able to manage multiple projects and deliverables at once and you're a self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Analytical: you're able to use data to make informed decisions and business cases; you have a strong understanding of financial analysis and modeling
- A hardcore gamer and sports enthusiast: your passion for video games is what drove you to the industry; you love games and sports offline and online, you're an avid fan of LoL esports, and take play seriously
- Multilingual: you speak both Mandarin and English fluently, in order to communicate with Rioters in diverse global teams, and with some of our global partners and vendors
- Help to identify and analyze new product, distribution, and digital licensing opportunities for Riot Esports
- Support BD deal development, prospecting, and execution; this includes market-sizing analyses, research, and financial modeling to help inform business decisions for Riot Esports
- Collaborate across departments (brand, broadcast, player management, legal, league operations, etc.) to help identify and execute new business opportunities
- Support strategy development for esports digital product launches, product enhancements, and content licenses across all media platforms
- Help develop and manage existing and potential partnerships and business collaborations
- Prepare presentations and reports using data and insights to facilitate internal and external-facing meetings
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.