Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Esports Manager, you'll lead diverse projects and teams across all parts of Esports. You'll develop junior team members, own tasks, tackle problems as part of a team, and apply creative and frontier-pushing solutions to grow esports. We know that this seems like a bit of a catch-all, but there are opportunities on our Esports team for people with diverse backgrounds ranging from finance, eCommerce and marketing to engineering, league operations, analytics, and business development. We run sports leagues, produce live broadcasts, and create content for millions of Esports fans worldwide, and we need passionate, high-horsepower leaders to challenge us and keep us moving forward.
As a Taipei Rioter, you’ll join a smaller team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention and passion for gaming. With teams in Player Support, Community, Publishing and Marketing, Riot Games Taipei is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show Taiwan/Southeast Asia players they aren’t lost in translation.
- A true problem solver: you take deep pride in your (and your team's) work, and view each new problem as an opportunity for success; you approach challenges methodically, sparking discussions as you work towards prioritizing and breaking down the steps to solutions
- Feedback-friendly: you're always open to constructive criticism and you're willing to dish it out when needed; you're confident in your knowledge and XP, yet you're also humble enough to know you still have more to learn
- Adaptable: you recognize that situations change and complications arise, and you're ok with that; you're coolly flexible and able to handle whatever comes your way, moving seamlessly from one thing to the next
- Self-starting: you see ambiguity as a challenge and an opportunity; your built-in compass steers your team to true north even when conditions are foggy; you thrive journeying into the unknown
- An owner: you take responsibility for the success of the entire project, and see the bigger picture; you lead from the front and are a true example to those around you
- Multilingual: you speak both Mandarin and English fluently, in order to communicate with Rioters in diverse global teams, and with some of our global partners and vendors
- Drive a wide variety of projects, ranging from player management and league operations to content strategy and live event production (and everything in between)
- Mentor a new generation of Esports team members as we continue to grow locally and internationally
- Lead cross-disciplinary teams to tackle a diverse array of problems and projects
- Identify areas of inefficiency or unexplored territory to advance one of the initiatives within esports
- Contribute to the growth and evolution of esports as an industry
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.