Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 67 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Visual Designer, your creativity, passion, and perseverance will combine with your skillset to help you imagine, sketch, color, and render sleek, yet readable interface elements for League of Legends and other Riot Games content. You'll use your storied artistic background, intellectual curiosity, organizational prowess, communicative clout, collaborative countenance, and player-first mindset to conceive assets that align with the look and feel of League while creating kick-ass visual design work that'll excite players all over Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau.
As a Taiwan Rioter, you’ll join a smaller team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention and passion for gaming. With teams in Player Support, Community, Publishing and Marketing, Riot Games Taipei is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show Taiwan/Southeast Asia players they aren’t lost in translation.
- A passionate designer: your portfolio is cover-to-cover inspiration; you have a good understanding on how to harness print and web design to create awesome experiences to engage players in a variety of ways
- A craftsperson: you're as experienced and knowledgeable with pad and pencil as you are with Photoshop and Illustrator; you possess aesthetic judgment with a keen eye for light, color, value, form, typography, and composition
- Communicative and collaborative: you can clearly communicate with any department in any medium, be it conference call, Slack, or smoke signal; when teammates are struggling, you happily help with a positive attitude and rolled-up sleeves
- Action-oriented: you take the bull by the horns and ride the damn thing through the heart of a dragon; you turn challenges into opportunities, even without extensive planning because "too hard" means nothing to a dragon slayer
- Intellectually curious: you consider a day without learning a day wasted; you're always curious about new techniques and do daily deep dives on next-gen workflow
- Player-focused: you're obsessed with leveling up the UX, always putting the player first when designing UI or creating art
- Multilingual: you're comfortable conversing, reading, and writing in Mandarin; English proficiency is a big add-on
- Develop, detail, and communicate brand standards, style guides, and visual design systems for a number of projects
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary task force of programmers, artists, and production managers; create awesome visual design work that'll inspire and connect with players
- Create engaging, effective visual design solutions that'll reach both player-focused goals and business objectives
- Drive and evolve the aesthetic quality of creative materials, including websites, application interfaces, advertising campaigns, logos, video content, email campaigns, mobile, print-ready asset, and corporate branding materials
- Always look to learn; you may be a seasoned pro or have only a few projects under your belt, but you're always pushing yourself to learn techniques and methods
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.