Sound Design Lead - League of Legends: Wild Rift (Shanghai)
Job Id: REQ-0006863
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
The Sound Design Lead role at Riot lives within the Audio discipline and strives to deliver lasting sonic experiences for players.
As Sound Design Lead, you will own the sonic experience across all of Wild Rift, globally. You will guide and oversee external teams to develop Wild Rift’s own unique and iconic sound. Through your close partnerships with Riot and Tencent stakeholders and developers, you will ensure that Wild Rift delivers a cohesive and resonant experience for players. You will report into the Creative Director.
- Uphold the sonic expression of the League of Legends IP
- Supervise each segment of the audio pipeline for sound design, music and voice over
- Partner with Riot LAX partners and Tencent developers on thematically cohesive sounds, music and voice over for cross-game tentpole moments
- Act as a liaison to advocate for audio to the engineering staff, and partner with team members across disciplines to find solutions that best support quality audio
- Optimize and manage Wwise project organization, structures, gameplay parameter setups and more
- Produce artifacts that inform, align, and empower external sound designers and composers
- Provide oversight and timely feedback on audio outsourcing (SFX, Music, Voice Over)
- 5+ years experience developing audio for games
- 3+ years experience working in a leadership capacity
- Expertise in the holistic game audio process
- Exceptional Wwise or Fmod implementation skills
- Knowledge of sound design creation tools (i.e. - ProTools, Nuendo, Reaper, Izotope, Waves, Native Instruments) and techniques
- Knowledge of audio middleware (i.e. - Wwise, Fmod, Miles) and overall game engine technology (i.e. - Unreal, Unity, Lumberyard)
- Experience working with external developers
- Fluency in English
- 2+ years experience managing teams
- Deep knowledge of the League of Legends IP
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).