UX Design Intern
Job Id: 5598
As a User Experience Design Intern, you'll play a critical role in shaping the player experience for a high-scope product area that is complex and ambiguous. The problem space will often encompass multiple features and sometimes span across teams. You will apply design thinking methodologies and take a systematic, data-informed approach to ensure experiential continuity across all product and platform touch points. You'll work from concept through development to define the player experience using contemporary UX tools and design systems, and collaborate with other designers to achieve your objectives.
This UX Design Intern will work with a group of UX and Visual Designers within our Player Platform organization, which is the hub for our game experiences across desktop, web, mobile, and consoles. You will apply your interaction design skills to help us ensure experiential continuity across these platforms and touch points -- including understanding audience needs and generating delightful solutions.
- Support high-level design in developing user experience flows
- Build wireframes, interactive prototypes, and presentations for proof of concept and implementation
- Work with other designers and Product Managers to determine problems and propose solutions
- Collaborate across teams to design large-scale products for players
- Provide appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., Strategy articulation, discovery/research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes)
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks remotely in our US based offices
- Authorized to work in the country that you reside in during this remote program.
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Experience with contemporary UX tools like Adobe XD, Figma, or similar
- A background in user experience design, interaction design, visual design, psychology, or computer science
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
General Portfolio Advice:
We'd primarily like to see the process (e.g., wireframes, prototypes, photos of sketches) that you used in order to get to final solutions.If your work is protected due to NDA, please don’t violate any legal agreements. Our goal here is to learn about your skills and how you work. Consider abstracting - talk to us about a scenario you worked on while removing any details that identify the project or employer, for example.
- Project brief: What problem you were solving, why, and how did it align with strategy?
- The team and your role: What roles did you collaborate with and what did you do?
- Brief intro to your customers and their needs
- Your approach to the problem space: Techniques, a key design decision or two
- Example(s) of how you iterated based on customer and stakeholder feedback:
- For example: what’s one surprising thing that changed your approach?
- Were there any particular constraints or obstacles to which you had to adapt?
- What you might have done differently looking back.
Applications Close January 6th 12:00PM PT
Riot Internships are paid. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
(Remote Only) The hourly rate for this internship is USD $42.79.
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).