Senior Compensation Partner
Job Id: REQ-0007764
In Compensation at Riot Games, we don’t just act as a compliance function or make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we focus on needs, carefully listening to the problem spaces, and partnering with Rioters to get to an optimal, balanced, equitable outcome stabilizing micro- and macro-level concerns. We view ourselves as trusted advisors with deep craft knowledge in rewards and broad understanding across the employment ecosystem. Working in People at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resources practices are by combining the best of standard methodologies with your creativity and passion.
As Senior Compensation Partner reporting to the Manager, Compensation, you bring deep knowledge to our people, product, discipline, and regional leaders. You act as the go-to resource for all things related to compensation, ranging from administering and improving the annual compensation cycle to creating tools to aid in data- and market-informed decisions. You own not only the analytical foundation of good pay practices but the education to level up the understanding by everyone (Rioter, manager, leader, executive) of compensation. You dedicate time to growing and mentoring Rioters throughout the company, and you introduce carefully crafted processes to ensure programs work for Riot and not the other way around.
- Design and administer pay practices and governance to help ensure that Riot's pay programs are consistent, equitable, and business viable
- Provide expertise to HR business partners, Talent Acquisition, and business leaders and make recommendations about our largest expense and most meaningful asset - Rioters
- Partner in maturing and overseeing Riot's job architecture and position management including designing fit workflows among Riot leaders, HR business partners, and the compensation team
- Oversee and evaluate international compensation programs to ensure consistency, equitability and modernity
- Proactively research and analyze data (market, turnover, offer acceptance rates, etc) to determine the competitive position of roles within client groups and present findings and recommendations to Compensation Leadership and HRBPs
- Administer broad based pay programs at Riot Games, including base salary, incentive plans, spot awards, and any new or variant plans created in the future
- Oversee compensation processes including annual base pay and incentive review processes, off-cycle review governance and job matching
- Collaborate with the broader Compensation team to bring business insights that inform program design and improvement; help develop and maintain compensation programs, systems and tools
- Perform analysis on effectiveness, competitiveness and fairness of existing compensation programs
- Collaborate with the People systems team on compensation related implementations and improvements and administer compensation related workflows, providing compensation review and approvals
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and training to compensation teammates
- Stay abreast of standard methodologies, industry trends and current compensation, total rewards and people compliance and practice evolution
- 5+ years of experience in a compensation or total rewards role with confirmed progression
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal, state, and local employment law as it pertains to pay practices
- Comfort with Excel modeling and data visualization
- Team orientation, with the ability to partner and educate colleagues from entry-level associates to executives
- Financial and accounting familiarity - ability to partner with our Finance and Accounting colleagues to provide relevant data and investigate outliers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Management, Economics, Human Resources Management, or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with international pay practices
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $127,300.00 - $179,000.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.