Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Event Producer, you'll concoct, construct, and oversee player-centric events around the world. As an event enthusiast, everything from planning fan interactions to offline League of Legends esports events will be your domain. You'll execute on those plans with precision and skill while defeating any challenges along the way. You'll move fluidly within the hectic environment of live events using your enthusiasm for gaming to bring energy and excitement to Riot's events.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- Educated and experienced: you've conquered college and earned your BA or BS degree; you've preferably worked live events and you've come to master both the nice and nasty nuances of executing them
- An organized and detail-oriented multitasking maestro: you're able to conduct a symphony of interdependent projects within an event while staying under tight deadlines without missing a note; you’re good at time management and able to manage multiple event features and ensure they are delivered on time and above the quality bar
- A creative event producer: you’re always tracking and learning the new technologies that could be used for events, motivated to take the challenge of designing new events to the next level; you’re creative in designing new on-site activation programs to enhance fan interaction and constantly coming up with new ways to engage with players
- A deft communicator: you easily share detailed event logistics with others in any medium, be it email, face-to-face chats, or telepathy helmets; you have ability to work cross-functionally with external teams as well as outside vendors and maintain relationships well with them
- A self-motivated problem-solver: you have good judgment during emergencies, able to analyze to find the best solutions under pressure; you’re able to drive and make decisive calls when stuff breaks and communicate with other teams and vendors to fix it in limited time
- Passionate about LoL and esports: League of Legends is your favorite game, and you'll use your enthusiasm to inspire creative and innovative payment methods, market initiatives, or local events that improve player experience; you have an eye for what resonates with LoL esports fans
- Drive and execute event planning, on-site activations, and logistics for Riot events on the road as well as onsite, putting players at the forefront while presenting the Riot experience, then develop and execute events in high quality
- Assist the project owner to plan and manage public events, find suitable locations, work with vendors to design breathtaking event spaces and stages, develop video displays and other on-site content, coordinate event schedules, arrange swag and other prizes – and do it all within a set budget
- Be responsible for planning the logistical elements of events that enable us to achieve our ambitious vision for esports events
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.