Senior Development Manager (Mandarin Fluent)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Senior Development Manager (Mandarin Fluent), you'll join a cross-discipline team of Rioters focused on creating and delivering awesome new content to the Chinese audience. You’ll lead teams to achieve their ambitious goals, keeping projects on-track, teams healthy, and stakeholders informed. Drawing on your project management and team leadership expertise, you'll build and execute development plans that include milestones and deliverables but are flexible enough to allow room for risk and change.
- Multilingual: you're fluent in both English and Mandarin Chinese (required), with an extensive knowledge about Chinese culture and the China market, and can pick up nuances in either language.
- A hardcore gamer: your passion for video games is what drove you to the industry; you love games and take play seriously
- Educated and experienced: you've earned your bachelor's or you have 4+ years of experience working with teams in an Agile environment as a Producer, Agile Coach, Project Manager, Development Manager, or Engineering Manager, and have worked with or led a team through a full product cycle, from ideation to production
- An Agile pro: you're fluent in—and avid advocate of—development best practices; you've successfully lead teams using a variety of Agile practices including Scrum, Kanban, and Lean Product Management; you take a holistic, systems-thinking view of the product development lifecycle and adapt processes accordingly
- A delivery-focused leader: you guide teams down the right paths even if they're unpopular or difficult to traverse to ensure they provide optimal value; your unshakeable confidence and cool head makes others look towards you when sirens are blaring and all hell is generally breaking loose
- Detail-oriented: whether you're planning a milestone, giving a presentation or shooting off a quick email you look at work under a microscope and hold yourself to a consistently high bar
- A motivational mentor: you keep teams focused on results, growth and actionable feedback; you're emotionally attuned to others and are open about your own feelings, which helps you resolve conflicts quickly, comfortably, and respectfully
- Lead the development efforts of autonomous and highly aligned teams towards their goals
- Collaborate with development partners in China and optimize workflows to raise effectiveness of remote development
- Regularly assess the team's maturity, health, and composition, relentlessly striving for team cohesion and delivery excellence
- Continuously assess a team's current situation and adapt planning tools, Agile methodologies, and communication channels to ensure successful, sustainable delivery
- Create transparency and predictability via story mapping, roadmaps, sprint plans, burn-downs, cycle times, value stream maps, and release reports
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.