China Merch –Strategy Development
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a key member of Riot China Merch team, you will be developing and participating in delivering some of the most important and exciting new projects for our merch business. Working closely with Legal, Finance, Esports, BD and Publishing at both Riot China and Central, as well as the team from our local partner (Tencent) and many other external partners, you are expected to be both a leader in our adventures into new territories of strategic potential around merch business and a key member of the special task force to bring these ambitious programs/projects to life. You will also be a thought partner and strategic advisor for our merch business' long term strategy development, to fulfill its vision of delighting more and more players in this country.
As a Rioter in Team China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot's collaborative culture in our Shanghai office, we've decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in China. Titles don't really matter at any of Riot's offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our Shanghai office to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won't need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- A hardcore gamer: your passion for video game is what drove you to the industry; you love games, are an avid fan of LoL, and take play seriously.
- A strategic thinker: you employ a holistic approach to set ambitious, but attainable goals, and carefully balance short-term solutions with long-term vision; not even the finest detail escapes your notice, and you take every variable into account, including: project scope, scheduling, resource allocation, redundancy planning, risks, and mitigation
- A creative but meticulous doer: many of the initiatives, programs and projects you will develop and do here are something no one did or succeed in this industry before. There are no exactly same cases where you can just copy. What you need to do is to hold tight to the vision, think out of box, but plan meticulously, and execute cautiously. In many cases, the decisions or recommendations you make are bold and even pretty anti-intuitive but it is based on careful planning and thorough analysis.
- A humble but fast learner: gaming is a fast-developing industry that keeps changing all the time; rules and experience from yesterday may not be applicable today, there is always a lot of new stuff to learn; you're capable, yet humble, and you're eager to learn new things from your colleagues and more importantly, from players, no matter who they are. In short, you must equip with the mentality of "stay hungry", and the desire / capability of fast learning
- A strong communicator: you have pro communication capabilities, and are able to effectively collaborate with internal teams, our close partners, and third-party vendors; you are a good listener and are able to communicate with candor, concision, and clarity, also able to create positive relationships with stakeholders through the appropriate management of their expectations and agreed objectives.
- Proven success in previous career: you can expect to do a lot of things that you have no experience for. But it is important that you have good experience and proven track record of success in challenging industries such as consultancy, finance, IT, gaming and etc.
- Multilingual: you speak both Mandarin and English fluently, in order to communicate with Rioters in diverse global teams, and with some of our global partners and vendors
- Experience in top consulting firms or strategy/PM departments in top MNCs will be a big plus.
- Develop and execute new strategic projects in Riot China merch and follow up through in every step of execution working with internal teams, partner teams, and third-party vendors and deliver value and excitements to a broad reach of audience in China.
- As internal thought partner / advisor by working with the senior leadership team in China merch team, help shape the long term strategy and develop respective roadmap for the company.
- Lead the team to track and push the implementation of some most important strategic projects within Merch China, drive and measure the results of execution, identify key learnings, and evolve the initiatives to deliver greater value to players as we move on.
- Support other key projects of strategic significance in China merch team
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.