Infrastructure Manager, India
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Infrastructure Manager, you'll be the technical mastermind for core and regional services across several countries and game environments. Like Heimerdinger in his workshop, you're not afraid to tinker with classic designs and discover new engineering solutions to perform automated configuration management for a large number of systems. You'll help development teams design and implement production and development environments, address system needs in new and creative ways, and ensure that our Datacenter is capable of supporting Riot initiatives. With a focus on delivering seamless gameplay experiences and exemplary live service to players, you'll drive regional tech strategy and oversee technological architecture at both the infrastructure and application tiers, keeping League of Legends running strong for millions of players in India.
As a Rioter in India, you'll help build a team of entrepreneurial, culturally diverse professionals that share our focus on player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. With teams in Marketing, Publishing, and Community, we are dedicated to defining and elevating the standard of player experience for gamers in India.
- Experienced: you're armed with 10+ years of experience in technical operations/information technology roles with Linux/Windows system administration, working in data centers, and building out infrastructure
- Armed with insight: like the 5-star chef knows their kitchen, you understand the technology, trends, and best practices currently affecting your field; you continually strive to improve your skills while staying in the know about what the competition might be cooking up
- A trusted manager: you lead, support, and mentor your teammates on and off the clock; you offer guidance and encouragement when the team needs support—and fist bumps when they're kicking ass
- Player-focused: you understand your impact on the player experience because you're a player, too; you listen closely to the community to better understand their needs before they do and improve the overall League of Legends experience
- A problem solver: when problems appear, you're the on-call fixer, applying your methodical approach to clean up even the stickiest of situations; you look past the obvious solution, checking in with all sources to uncover any hidden issues lying dormant
- A global thinker: you always consider the broader meaning, understanding that despite today's stresses and successes, tomorrow's another day, and there'll be another after that; your big picture thinking presents a wider outlook of future scenarios as they pertain to both the micro and macro and the local and the global
- A hardcore gamer: your passion for video games is what drove you to the industry; you love games, you're an avid fan of LoL, and you take play seriously
- Develop your team: you're the ultimate, accountable party for ensuring a highly-functioning infrastructure team; whether you manage people or lead technical vision, you'll be responsible for recruiting, training, and continually-improving high-performing Riot Engineers; you'll not only exemplify our cultural pillars, but also be adept at imparting them on others
- Provide strategic leadership, both technical and managerial, to the India Infra Team
- Design and implement IT infra operations strategy included data center management with network architecture strategy, as part of our overall company strategy plan with collaboration with central teams
- Plan and implement processes that lead to excellence in service delivery, including, but not limited to, incident tracking and remediation, change management, service monitoring, alerting, and escalation
- Work with all departments to assess, plan, and fulfill overall needs
- Create an atmosphere of collaboration within the organization that emphasizes teamwork and professional development
- Establish clear goals and performance targets for the team while rewarding initiative, discipline, dedication, and technical excellence
- Work with others to identify problems and create solutions for computing and network architecture
- Take responsibility for the management and implementation of multiple projects for your team
- Communicate and cooperate with the Central office regarding infra operations
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.