IT Operations Lead
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As an IT Operations Lead, you'll provide world class tech support to fellow Rioters in a complex networked environment while collaborating heavily with the Infrastructure and Security Engineers from our LAX Headquarters. You'll work independently, coming to the aid of Rioters in technical distress, while providing services including the delivery, installation, and setup of computers. Your suite of tech-savvy skills will help you install approved software, diagnose hardware and software ailments, and maintain all IT equipment. Your communication skills and friendly personality ensure solid Riot vendor relationships and comfort any Rioter seeking high-tech help.
As a Rioter in China, you'll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming.
To reinforce Riot’s collaborative culture in our China offices, we’ve decided to do away with the constraints of traditional hierarchical title structures that are more common in the region. Titles don’t really matter at any of Riot’s offices, but we chose to take this extra step in our China offices to foster a space where teamwork thrives. We believe that removing this constraint will promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and a focus on results. We promise you won’t need a title at Riot to make an impact.
- Experienced: you bring at least five years supporting both Microsoft Windows and macOS users with a recent focus on Win10 and OS X 10.10 and higher; your technical experience is broad, including familiarity in Networking, Systems, VPN/VoIP services and more.
- Ambitechstrous: you're pro at fixing the technical problems of any Rioter, Mac or PC, and are knowledgeable in both Windows and Mac versions of Adobe products and the Microsoft Office suite; bonus points for 3D software XP
- A communications black belt: you communicate easily in the most appropriate medium, be it email, hallway conversation or messenger pigeon; you're comfortable commingling and collaborating with all brands of Rioter, addressing needs using your friendly people skills
- Multilingual: you are fluent in both English and Mandarin; you didn't learn these languages in a cultural vacuum and understand the nuances that could mean the difference between making someone laugh and making them mad
- A problem assassin: you conduct problem reconnaissance and termination with skill and ruthlessness, easily identifying and troubleshooting problems, resolving conflicts and finding solutions; you're probably armed with ITIL knowledge to help you complete IT missions
- Customer-focused: you're all about anticipating the needs of your customers and always do right by them; you tread the fine line between effectiveness and efficiency for the sake of customers and hold the quality of your work to the highest standards
- A fixer: you love to tinker and figure out how things work; you readily take ownership of anything that plugs in, from the photocopier to the core infrastructure stack, to make sure it is running smoothly for fellow Rioters
- Be the owner of every IT ticket that comes your way: investigate, troubleshoot, and fix problems, calling in reinforcements when needed; utilize IT systems and procedures to continuously improve service methodology
- Maintain, inventory, troubleshoot and repair computing infrastructure and hardware including printers, workstations, switches and print servers
- Communicate with all Rioters, including leadership, to provide key problem status updates and ensure compliance with Riot Games standards and security policies
- Work with your peers in our LAX HQ to grow and evolve current Riot systems and tools, improving efficiency and collaboration between Rioters globally
- Ensure that our Riot China team is prepared for the challenges of rapid scale and changing requirements.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.