Senior Broadcast Producer
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Senior Broadcast Producer, you'll lead and develop broadcast production staff and ensure the production, quality and consistent development of live broadcast formats. You'll collaborate with esports teams globally in the planning, pre-production, and execution of weekly broadcasts. You'll challenge conventional hours and days and go beyond rote process scheduling to jump in front of hitches before they become glitches.
As a Rioter in Berlin, you'll join a tight-knit team that shares our focus on player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. Together with a team of dedicated esports zealots you will create awesome player experiences in and around League of Legends esports.
- A leader: you lead broadcast production staff with a commitment to individual growth and team development.
- An owner: you take direct responsibility for the success your team. You can clearly see the big picture and the smallest minutiae, and you know why each matters. When you take on responsibility of a project, you own it from A to Z and from start to finish.
- A gamer: you are a core gamer who loves esports.
- An innovator: you look for new angles and new inventions to deliver consistently compelling and fresh experiences to your audience. Tried and true is only barely good enough for you.
- A storyteller: you have the skill and the passion to craft compelling, authentic and fresh narratives for esports audiences. You build up players into stars, you know when and how to inform and entertain, and you know how to captivate your audience.
- A true problem-solver: you view each new problem as an opportunity for success. You think solutions first and blockers later, and you approach challenges strategically as you work towards solutions.
- Experienced: you bring 5+ years as a broadcast producer in gaming or sports broadcasting and 3+ years in people management. You thrive in an office environment and you feel right at home in the control room.
- Drive product vision and direction with an unwavering player focus: you're accountable for the experiences your team delivers to your audience and for its success.
- Be accountable for execution: part of a highly-functioning team is getting stuff done; collaborating with diverse and cross-functional teams, moving fast with a commitment to quality and innovation.
- Produce live esports broadcasts: Show-run or collaborate in show-running live broadcasts on-location domestically and abroad, craft show structure and lead innovation and iteration on new show builds and tech elements.
- Develop your team: you're the accountable party for ensuring a highly-functioning broadcast production staff as well as their the sucess and trajectory. You are responsible for recruiting, craft + career development and continually-improving high-performing team members. You not only exemplify our cultural pillars, you are also adept at imparting them on others.
- Lead beyond your team: leaders provide the vision and guidance that sets direction and sparks development across our global teams.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.