Senior Sound Designer - Unpublished R&D Product
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Delivering an immersive experience for a global audience while also collaborating on new games gives our Audio discipline exciting and complex problems to solve. The Audio Team at Riot strives to deliver lasting sonic experiences for players. We help breathe life into our games, cinematics, esports, albums, and more through the use of sound. We also are always working to level up the team & techniques by experimenting and playing the games we love.
As a Senior Sound Designer, your technical and creative audio skills will combine to bring life to the broad range of characters and experiences in our games. Joining efforts with a multi-disciplinary team, you’ll help drive projects from their inception. Using your passion, creativity, and critical thinking you will help guide team decisions and provide valuable feedback to your peers. As a member of the audio discipline, you’ll strive to find ways to teach and level up those around you while continuing to challenge and grow yourself.
Our Research and Development teams are working towards putting the ‘s’ in Riot Games. As a Senior Sound Designer, you will be responsible for helping drive the creative audio direction for one of our new games. You will help develop and execute the audio vision, strategy and products for major features and areas of development for the new game. Also as one of the leading members of the Audio discipline, you will collaborate with music, video and other central teams to ensure thematic consistency across in-game and out of game features. Your work will help establish and push the quality bar of the product, and your peers will learn and improve from your innovation in process. If you care deeply for game development and are passionate about bringing a project to life, join our mission to develop worldwide games that are multi-generational and give our players lasting experiences.
- Record, edit, and design sound effects for game characters, menus, new features, major systems, and other areas using industry standard methods and tools
- Record sound effects both in studio and in the field using industry standard microphone techniques and hardware
- Create sound design, voice-over processing and audio integration that supports and enhances the vision and goals of the product
- Develop and execute the audio vision and strategy for a major piece of content, new feature or area of development.
- Collaborate with initiative/product leadership to establish specific sound design, voice over and music goals and objectives
- Define and manage audio objectives, goals, timeline, etc. for their content team or product
- Work with narrative team to develop and support in game voice over for characters & major features
- 7+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to collaborate and iterate with cross-disciplinary teammates
- Knowledge in technical design and implementation of key audio systems
- Experience with sound design of creatures, ambiance, spells, UI, notifications and other audio features
- Excellent testing and debugging skills
- Capable of considering both player experience and content creation experience
- Ability to self-direct and measure success individually and collectively with teams
- Experience in shipping games
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational chops
- Experience building audio architecture
- Composing or music authoring
- Post-production work for in-game cinematic and trailers as well as marketing material
- Wide experience in various game engines
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).