Esports Broadcast Observer (Contract)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
As Esports Broadcast Observer (Contract), you’ll keep your incisive eyes transfixed on the action behind the action during live LEC broadcasts and Roadshows. You’ll be on site, your attention rapt to LEC games, using your high-level game knowledge to look for those effective plays for instant replays and highlight reels that’ll run after GG. You’ll challenge conventional hours and days while helping determine accurate visual coverage of live pro games. Coordinating on the fly with a world class production team, you’ll ensure the broadcast team has the footage they need to illuminate the plays that make the game for fans around Europe and the rest of the world.
- Be available to work on a part-time basis. Contract Observers are required in the studio only on show days
- Participate in up to four live broadcasts per week, identifying replays and potential segments for the producers who’re looking for your toppings to add flavor to their esports sandwich
- You will work independently to identify, time and push potential replays in a live esports environment
- Coordinate with the Rioters doing the editing to collect and provide in-game footage
- Occasionally man the Teleprompter station, to help our on-air talent smoothly run the flow of the show
- Stay in sync with the evolving game; constantly brainloading the newest patch info, player trades and Flavors of the Month that’ll inform how you identify the hottest in-game action
- You will Tweet, Twitch and more to stay clued in on the latest eSports news and trends, so you know exactly what casters will want to discuss and what European fans will want to see
- You're laser focused on the action and have a trained eye that can keep the live camera pinpointed on the best shot at all times with pixel perfect accuracy.
- You’re no stranger to the rift; you’re a dedicated LoL player and understand macro plays and the reasoning behind them. While we understand that your ranking may not reflect your overall League knowledge, please make sure you include your Summoner Name with current and peak ranking!
- You’re always looking ahead and aren’t caught off-guard by new projects, even if you’re already busy; your plans are built on a solid foundation, so you know you can provide the right outcome at the right time
- You’re comfy collaborating with a team of statisticians, producers, artists and writers and are open to giving and receiving feedback
- If a task is left unfinished you're the first on the scene to ensure the job gets done. You're never late and arrive precisely when you mean to.
- Ideally you live in the Berlin area, and are available on short notice.
SPECIAL MENTION: OBSERVING SAMPLE REQUIRED
For this specialized role we'll need a little extra from you. Download a game recording application such as Xsplit, Open Broadcast Software or Fraps, then record any game using the in-game spectator client with yourself working the camera and upload the content to Twitch or Youtube. Send us the link in your application!
With the recent introduction of League Director, if you could include footage that was edited with it would earn you extra points!
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, marital status, or any other category protected by law.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.