Esports Broadcast Observer (EU)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Esports Broadcast Observer (EU), you’ll keep your incisive eyes transfixed on the action behind the action during live European LCS broadcasts and Roadshows. You’ll be on site, your attention rapt to LCS games, using your high-level game knowledge to look for those high-impact plays for instant replays and highlight reels that’ll run after GG. You’ll challenge conventional hours and days while helping define accurate visual coverage of live pro games. Coordinating on the fly with a world class production team, you’ll ensure the broadcast team has the footage they need to illuminate the plays that make the game for fans around Europe and the rest of the world.
As a Rioter in Berlin, you'll join a tight-knit team that shares our focus on player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. Together with a team of dedicated esports zealots you will create awesome player experiences in and around League of Legends esports.
- Keen eyed: you're laser focused on the action and have a trained eye that can keep the live camera pinpointed on the best shot at all times with pixel perfect accuracy.
- League pro: you’re no stranger to the rift; you’re a dedicated LoL player and have a good understanding of macro plays and the reasoning behind them. While we understand that your ranking may not reflect your overall League knowledge, please make sure you include your Summoner Name with current and peak ranking!
- Mentally agile: you’re always looking ahead and aren’t caught off-guard by new projects, even if you’re already busy; your plans are built on a solid foundation, so you know you can deliver the right outcome at the right time
- Collaborative: you’re comfy working with a team of statisticians, producers, artists and writers and are open to giving and receiving feedback
- Fluent in and out of game: you're not just a hotshot league player, you are also fluent in English and can communicate with your peers clearly and concisely even while the pressure is on during a live broadcast.
- Dependable, punctual: if a task is left unfinished you're the first on the scene to make sure the job gets done. You're never late and arrive precisely when you mean to.
- Be available to work on a part-time basis. EU Observers will only be required in the studio on show days
- Participate in up to four live broadcasts per week, identifying replays and potential segments for the producers who’re looking for your toppings to add flavor to their esports sandwich
- Work independently to identify, time and push potential replays in a live esports environment
- Coordinate with the Rioters doing the editing to collect and deliver in-game footage in a timely fashion
- Occasionally man the Teleprompter station, to help our on-air talent smoothly run the flow of the show
- Stay in sync with the evolving game; constantly brainloading the newest patch info, player trades and Flavors of the Month that’ll inform how you identify the hottest in-game action
- You’ll Tweet, Twitch and more to stay clued in on the latest eSports news and trends, so you know exactly what casters will want to discuss and what European fans will want to see
SPECIAL MENTION: OBSERVING SAMPLE REQUIRED
For this specialized role we'll need a little extra from you. Download a game recording application such as Xsplit, Open Broadcast Software or Fraps, then record any game from the in-game spectate with yourself working the camera and upload the contents to Twitch, Youtube or Azubu. Send us the link in your application!
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.