Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
We’re seeking a Development Manager to lead the implementation and guide the application of effective work systems and development processes of a team.
- An Agile pro: you've successfully lead teams using a variety of practices including but not limited to: Scrum, Kanban and Lean Product Management; you take a holistic, systems-thinking view of the product life cycle and adapt processes accordingly.
- A delivery-focused leader: you guide teams down the right paths even if they're unpopular or difficult to traverse to ensure they provide optimal value; your unshakeable confidence and cool head make others look towards you when sirens are blaring and all hell is breaking loose.
- A motivational mentor: you keep teams focused on results, growth and actionable feedback; you're emotionally attuned to others and are open about your own feelings, which helps you resolve conflicts quickly, comfortably, and respectfully.
- Passionate about games: you love games, the culture, understand the community.
- Lead the implementation and guide the application of effective work systems and development processes for all the team.
- Partner with Team Leadership team to foster an open, transparent team environment that keeps stakeholders in the loop through proactive reporting and effective cross-team communication.
- Implement accountability systems and foster a strong sense of accountability within team.
- Ensures the project plans are executed in pursuit of outcomes, not just outputs
- Identify and aggregate key delivery metrics to manage continuous improvement in delivery.
- Regularly assess the teams’ maturity and capability and relentlessly strive for optimizations.
- Manage the product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities owning the product vision
As an Istanbul Rioter, you’ll join a smaller team that shares our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. Riot Games Istanbul is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show Turkish players they aren’t lost in translation.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.