Researcher - Unpublished R&D Product
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds, that focus on bringing an astute understanding of players to Riot. We join together to represent and advocate for players from around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players is essential to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed. Do you embody player empathy and care deeply about the experiences of your audience (our players)? If so, this could be the role for you.
Are you looking for a career that blends your scientific acumen and your deep passion for games? As a Researcher at Riot Games, you will study, represent, and speak for the players around the globe. You’ll join the Insights discipline and embed on a product team to work with a multitude of Rioters from across the company. Your scientific skill-set coupled with your audience insight will ensure that we are crafting our products in a player-focused way.
You will be joining a product that is working on an exciting new game in R&D. As a key member team member, you will identify and execute on research opportunities to support publishing and product teams to understand the markets we are entering and player sentiment toward game features and content. This role has a large emphasis on conducting qualitative market research. The opportunity is exciting if you are driven to use research to represent the voice of the player to designers and product owners as you work with them to bring a new game to market.
- Independently execute market research with surveys, focus groups, and interviews
- Work with product and publishing teams to test product positioning and creative assets
- Develop competitive intelligence reporting on other products in the market
- Contribute recommendations on how to interpret market data for use in features, positioning, and messaging
- Deeply competent at scoping, writing, fielding, analyzing surveys (internally or with vendors) in multiple regions
- Strong at constructing sampling requirements and considering the validity implications of sampling techniques
- Effective at working with external partnerships to acquire high-quality non-player samples for both quantitative and qualitative data
- Familiarity with market research methods and how to effectively implement them
- Comfortable owning research projects top to bottom, including instrument design, creation, analysis, and reporting
- Excellent communication and teamwork
- Comfortable writing discussion guides and moderating groups for qualitative work
- Experience working on games / with a game development team preferred
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).