QA Lead - Unpublished R&D Product
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond! We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
At Riot, we believe “QA” is more than the bug finding process that follows months of development work. For us it’s a set of values, practices and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists and designers to realize their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross discipline partnerships we are improving how quickly we can deliver while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity. This exciting opportunity challenges us to rethink our approach every single day to ensure we deliver the very best for our players. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
QA Leads are champions of quality focused on a comprehensive approach to testing to ensure the success of Riot’s projects. They craft test plans, establish testing requirements & quality bars, perform exploratory testing, and drive implementation of static and dynamic testing processes. In addition, they also build close relationships with partners and deliver product health reports on a regular cadence. They put the players first, and work closely with their development team to tackle ambiguous and complex problems to combat player pain.
As a QA Lead on this Unpublished R&D Product you will report into the QA Manager. You will be responsible for helping Riot test and deliver a brand new AAA title. You will work directly with developers to support testing activities across all disciplines. You will also ensure the execution of all test coverage within your product space and handle test, telemetry, and defect data and report regularly on product quality.
- Establish testing requirements and quality bars within assigned feature set
- Establish and document testing methodologies or testing tools
- Drive implementation of static testing processes
- Build and maintain functional and non-functional test suites
- Report, triage and monitor bugs via bug reporting workflow
- Plan and oversee system test coverage utilizing outsource vendors
- Establish team quality metrics and track trends
- Report on test coverage progress and product health
- Identify and call out risks to product or project quality
- Participate in product and process retrospectives
- Test & validate stories and tasks within sprints
- Perform exploratory testing on assigned features
- Find and verbalize blocking issues
- 2+ years Quality Assurance experience
- Experience testing on mobile (iOS and Android) platforms
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TT)
- Mandarin fluency is a bonus
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.