Senior Manager, Learning & Development
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond!
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
Riot’s People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, on-boarding, training and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, labor relations, offboarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
The Senior Manager, Learning & Development is a motivated professional who will set Riot’s global L&D Strategy and promote a culture of Learning and Development throughout the organization.
- Conduct needs assessment, design and globally implement training programs aligned with client needs and company L&D priorities
- Lead and improve the effectiveness of Riot’s existing learning programs, including Denewb (onboarding), Riot’s mentorship program
- Develop and recommend approach for optimal mix of learning delivery methodologies including classroom, live-and-online, self-paced e-learning and blended methodologies
- Develop training and change management strategies to support the global rollout of Riot’s talent programs including goal setting and performance management, effective feedback and compensation planning
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and leaders across Riot to execute learning programs in a heavily matrixed global company that includes a number of dual reporting relationships
- Understand and develop program evaluation tools that measure effectiveness and return on investment of Riot’s Learning & Development programs
- Strategically improve LMS capabilities, and continuously refresh development content
- Develop competency and capability models for a variety of functions/roles across Riot
- Build and effectively lead a team of extraordinary L&D professionals (instructional designers, facilitators & program managers), ensuring they are technically strong, possess a high level of business insight, and consistently deliver high-quality results
- Provide thought leadership and program development support for Riot’s Global Management Practice (people manager focused curriculum)
- Oversee all of the company's mandatory training programs, ensuring proper compliance and engagement
- At least ten years learning and development experience, ideally in a gaming, entertainment or technology environment
- Experience in crafting, delivering and evaluating the effectiveness of organizational development and learning programs
- Ability to apply professional experience and learning theory in practical manner, including ability to adapt concepts into effective, culturally-appropriate learning programs
- Experienced, compelling facilitator with strong presentation skills and ability to adapt style to engage audiences of all levels
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships and influence and motivate both leaders and employees
- Knowledge of contemporary HR and L&D research and practices
- Ability to effectively handle change in a particularly chaotic environment with frequently changing priorities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; presents accurately and clearly in both verbal and written communications across various formats
- Strong end-to-end program/project management skills
- BA or BS degree required, advanced degree preferred
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).