Learning & Development Manager
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Riot’s People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, on-boarding, training and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, labor relations, offboarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
The Learning & Development Manager is a motivated professional who will set Riot’s company-wide L&D Strategy and promote a culture of Learning and Development throughout the organization.
- Conduct needs assessment, design and implement training programs aligned with client needs and company L&D priorities
- Lead and improve the effectiveness of Riot’s existing learning programs, including Denewb (onboarding), Riot’s mentorship program
- Develop training and change management strategies to support the rollout of Riot’s talent programs including goal setting and performance management, effective feedback and compensation planning
- Provide thought leadership and program development support for Riot’s Global Management Practice
- Oversee all of the company's mandatory training programs, ensuring proper compliance and engagement
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and leaders across Riot to execute learning programs across a heavily matrixed company that includes a number of dual reporting relationships
- Develop and recommend approach for optimal mix of learning delivery methodologies including classroom, live-and-online, self-paced e-learning and blended methodologies
- Understand and develop program evaluation tools that measure effectiveness and ROI of Riot’s Learning & Development programs
- Strategically improve LMS capabilities, and continuously refresh development content
- Develop competency and capability models for a variety of functions/roles across Riot
- Build and effectively lead a team of extraordinary L&D professionals (instructional designers, facilitators & program managers), ensuring they are technically strong, possess a high level of business insight, and consistently deliver high-quality results
- At least seven years learning and development experience, ideally in a gaming, entertainment or technology environment
- Experience in crafting, delivering and evaluating the effectiveness of organizational development and learning programs
- Ability to apply professional experience and learning theory in practical manner, including ability to adapt concepts into effective, culturally-appropriate learning programs
- Experienced, compelling facilitator with strong presentation skills and ability to adapt style to engage audiences of all levels
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships and influence and motivate both leaders and employees
- Solid knowledge of contemporary HR and L&D research and practices
- Ability to effectively handle change in a particularly chaotic environment with frequently changing priorities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; presents accurately and clearly in both verbal and written communications across various formats
- Strong end-to-end program/project management skills
- BA or BS degree required, advanced degree preferred
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).