Senior Brand Manager - Poland
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result into genre-defining games. Back in 2009, that vision gave birth to our debut title League of Legends, which achieved critical acclaim among players and became the most played PC game in the world. We are honored to serve over 100 million players worldwide every month.
To support our growth and nurture our relationship with Polish players, we are building a Polish publishing team in our office in the heart of Berlin. To make that initiative a success we need inspiring leaders to help us build it up.
That's where you come in.
As a Senior Brand Manager League of Legends Poland, you’re an integral part of our Polish publishing team in downtown Berlin and you create and execute our go-to-market plans, marketing campaigns, growth & acquisition, social media channels, content production & operations, events, and business development efforts. You will also play a key role in creating the overall marketing strategy for our products, including League of Legends and other League-IP based products, like comic books or our mobile app.
You’ll join us at a critical moment in our history as we look to put the ‘S’ into Riot Games
You love challenging convention with entrepreneurial spirit, you’re willing to embrace the unknown, and you’re able to come up with groundbreaking initiatives that will take our relationship with players, esports fans, media, and other partners to the next level.
You're eager to design and develop experiences that genuinely engage players and encourage them to set the interwebs abuzz with their ongoing conversations. With your network already established, you'll also be able to build, retain, and grow partnerships that'll help Riot reach its strategic goals of creating great content and initiatives that resonate with the Polish player base.
As a Berlin Rioter, you’ll join a dedicated team of specialists committed to becoming the most player-focused game company in the world. You share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and intense passion for gaming and esports.
You’ll report to the Head of Publishing Poland and you’ll work as part of the publishing team.
We’re looking for a broad-thinking publishing veteran who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor.
- Experienced: you have at least 5 years of experience in publishing for the Polish market (marketing, product strategy, social media, branding, PR, community, growth & acquisition). Ideally, you’ve worked on the launch of a few AAA or free-to-play digital products (games, movies, apps) in the European market. You know plenty of real-world and digital publishing techniques, which you’ve successfully used in the past to implement large-scale initiatives
- Player focused: you understand your impact on the player experience because you are a player too. You use that knowledge to improve the overall experience of all our games.
- Strategic: you have a broad vision of the Polish games and media landscape. You can target the most relevant strategic avenues to bring our publishing initiatives to the right crowd, in the right fashion. You know how to effectively prioritize tasks and projects based on their expected outcomes
- A sharp judge: you have an eye and ear for great assets and messages that have an impact on the Polish region while staying true to our global brand vision and direction
- A team player: you inspire colleagues by walking the walk. You are self-aware, you can give and take feedback well, and you remain open to constructive criticism. You can recognize failure and learn from mistakes
- A modern thinker: you stay up-to-date and ahead of the curve of publishing initiatives carried out by other innovative gaming, entertainment, and media companies, whether in Poland or abroad
- Agile and organized: roadblocks, constraints, dogmas, none of these scare you. Your energy is positive and focused on finding solutions to deliver your vision to all players. You show a clear “can-do” attitude, can manage budgets and vendor relationships
- A T-shaped Contributor: you are able to think and contribute broadly, across a number of publishing sub-disciplines and functions
- A strong, bilingual communicator: you have excellent communication and presentation abilities in Polish and English
- Drive brand development, marketing positioning, and strategy for games and associated products
- Build and execute the go-to-market strategy for new games and platforms, set goals, establish, track, and refine KPIs
- Create, update, and manage an understanding of the competitive landscape and trends by working in collaboration with our Insights team, and integrate that information into our thinking and approach
- Identify and develop key strategic alliances with external brands, media, and commercial partners
- Analyze and monitor how Riot’s games and brand are perceived and evolve in the Polish gaming ecosystem, throughout the lifecycle of our publishing campaigns
- Foster our culture: it’s all about achieving the right goals to have a meaningful impact on the market, it’s not about a list of tasks to tick off
- Establish and maintain an open dialogue within your team and across other disciplines, at our Berlin office, and at our global offices
- Provide publishing support to other disciplines, such as a esports and other products
- Work with current and future channels that deliver the best content to players
- Be the key contact for partners, suppliers, agencies, and help them deliver their best to players and fans
- Travel the region to represent our brands at big scale events and trade shows
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.