Publishing Lead, Brand Management - Unpublished R&D Product
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the dramatic growth of esports. Publishing’s role is to introduce our products to players and form authentic relationships with them through compelling storytelling.
Brand team members at Riot are most focused on contributing to creative work centered around ‘showing’ vs. ‘telling’. We look for brand lovers who can grow our business, think about brand marketing in new ways, dream big and help to create epic content. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. A brand manager at Riot will be comfortable working with new media and social more than traditional formats.
As a Publishing Lead, you'll develop strategies that focus on finding and attracting the next generation of players to our games. You'll lead a cross-functional marketing team that includes the sub-disciplines of brand, performance marketing, creative, comms, art, digital marketing and owned, paid & earned media. You'll also manage a team of hardworking and diverse marketing and communications pros by developing their skills as well as driving the objectives and strategies they will work towards.
- For our Research and Development team, you are going to be developing all of our go-to-market plans. You will establish clear direction and maintain a global vision for publishing, brand, marketing, and content across a portfolio of creative supporting content with all of our regions.
- You will craft player journeys - Where do players hear about the product? How will they socialize? What events should we run? How do we build all of this on a global scale?
- We need insights for market risks and competitors and are aware of major games hitting the market and their timing. You understand what successful tactics are being used by other companies to market games worldwide.
- You will work directly on the product's leadership team to craft product publishing strategy globally and be the point person between the project and the rest of the publishing organization within Riot including the regional teams.
- You love to push convention and have an ambitious spirit. You accept the unknown and are able to come up with groundbreaking initiatives that will take our relationship with players and media partners to the next level. You are eager to design campaigns that genuinely engage players, as well as inspire them to dive into our products.
- You have at least 5-7 years of leadership experience in publishing/marketing. Ideally, you have worked on the launch of multiple games on a variety of platforms and genres.
- You have experience working with first parties such as Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, iOS and Android.
- You have successfully worked on multiple products at different stages of development and understand how to position and build large scale reach and desire for those products.
- You have experience leading multiple agencies and vendors working in concert to craft a cohesive product campaign.
- You have years of experience developing and executing creative of exceptional quality for global as well as local resonance.
- You understand how successful publishing impacts players and how different strategic options for bringing a game to market directly drive product reception.
- Excellent attention to detail and know what good looks like, as well as excellent communication and presentation skills
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).