Game Designer, Content - Legends of Runeterra
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends, which has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the dramatic growth of esports. Delivering unparalleled in-game experiences for a global audience while also building new games gives Game Designers exciting and complex problems to tackle. Game Designers at Riot work to craft the systems, mechanics, and content that make up a deeply resonant player experience. We explore how to best push the boundaries of that experience in order to create new and engaging moments for players.
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is our new collectible card game (CCG) featuring beloved Champions from the League of Legends universe. On our team, we’re looking for Content Game Designers at multiple levels to design experiences!
As a Game Designer on Content, you will design and improve the gameplay experience through the lens of content: cards! Your analysis, player insight, and creativity will help craft in-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to design and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
- Deeply understand the relevant audiences for the product, and from this, calibrate your design expertise to reflect appropriate taste for these audiences
- Articulate and consider a scope and depth of possible solutions, including possible effects, and collaboratively reach the best solution
- Discover new content opportunities conceptually and through rapid prototyping
- Design content with thematics to resonate globally
- Create content that contributes to a diverse, healthy gameplay experience
- Implement content with our scripting tools
- Apply and build an analytical approach to design - identify what is compelling, how that translates to other contexts, and articulate why it works
- Perform and perfect unique solutions within your area of responsibility
- Improve existing design frameworks, and craft new ones
- Engage with other team members.
- Openly share work and seek feedback from other developers. Combine co-worker and player feedback to calibrate design direction
- Choose appropriate means of communicating design intent to other developers
- At least 3 years experience as a professional game designer
- content design ability, demonstrated in having designed systems into large, ambiguous spaces
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with scripting languages making content
- Experience working with or playing PvP strategy games
Please include a list of the top games of all time that you've played
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).