Software Engineer - Unpublished R&D Product, Build and Release
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Whether you're in Rio, Seoul or Moscow, you can find an excited and engaged community of League players. Delivering content to a global audience of millions of players whilst also building new games affords Riot's Engineering discipline with a mountain of exciting and technically complex challenges. That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
Our Research and Development teams are working towards putting the ‘s’ in Riot Games. You will report to the Engineering Manager responsible for this R&D team and you will be involved with building automation, tools, and standards for the development, testing, deployment, and operations of Research and Development games and content. Our goal is to craft worldwide games that are generational and give our players rare experiences.
- Develop a release management system to distribute the game.
- Understand how the project uses assets and develop a content build pipeline that supports the game releases.
- Work with the QA and engineering teams to support automated testing.
- Revamp and own our current continuous integration systems.
- Collaborate with other team members on a branch strategy.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Deep domain expertise in Build and Release architectures at scale
- Knowledge and experience in source control systems
- Knowledge of Jenkins or other CI
- Knowledge of Object-oriented programming and scripting languages
- Unreal Experience
- Experience with a containerization technology
- Experience in more than one programming language
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.