Join the Animation Team
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
We’re hiring for multiple levels, from associate to lead, so don’t get hung up on the title; we’re all about the team.
As a member of the Animation team, you’ll be the creative wizard who brings characters to life using your spell book full of classic animation principles and body mechanics. Your tight grasp of animation pipelines and high level of skill as both an animator and a leader helps you create and implement next-level graphics and mentor others as well. Your demo reel showcases a variety of walk cycles, a diverse selection of game-related animation, and a strong foundation in the principles of animation, including weight, anticipation, and impact.
- A skilled animator: your broad background in animating different character types or creatures has helped you build a toolbox jam-packed with knowledge of modeling, rigging and MEL scripting; you understand the difference between game animation, game design, and AI
- A gamer: your passion for videogames is what drove you to the industry; you love games and take play seriously
- An actor: you’re totally up for acting out animation references – it kind of reminds you of that time you were the lead in your high school play
- A multitasker: your confidence and attention to detail make juggling multiple projects look easy; you nimbly turn-around tasks on tight deadlines and effortlessly prioritize
- Feedback-friendly: you have experience directing and giving feedback to other animators; your positive, team-oriented attitude helps you dole out constructive criticism in a way that’s easy to receive
- Create high quality animations for a diverse and expanding universe, including bipeds, quadrupeds, and monsters
- Help develop new features and technologies to expand the content pipeline
- Collaborate with designers and artists to create animation assets that fulfill the requirements of the project’s game and visual design
- Recognize areas of opportunity and help other animators level up to AAA-title-standards
- Consistently meet project deadlines in a timely manner without compromising artistic integrity
Don’t forget to include a resume, cover letter, and a link to your portfolio. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.