Senior Software Engineer, Game - Unpublished R&D Product
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As an engineer within Research & Development, you are armed with a wealth of knowledge on the intricacies of gameplay technology to inject life into Riot’s exciting new games. You will work in a small team alongside a product lead and designers to answer fundamental product questions to give birth to new products.
- Ideate, design and implement prototypes to find answers to product questions
- Write prototype code to accumulate insights that can be applied in future development stages. As development advances, your approach will morph into technical excellence
- Collaborate with product leads to identify focus areas and provide the best solution for the development phase
- Lead and contribute to technical design and implementation
- Set the technical direction and standards for the team
- 5+ years of gameplay development experience
- Experience developing and shipping games
- BS in Computer Science, or proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong OO programming experience
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience collaborating with teammates across multiple disciplines
- Ability working with ambiguous requirements
- Have an agile mindset
- Experience with game engines (ex. Unity, Unreal Engine)
- Experience leading gameplay engineering teams
- Experience with art pipelines
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.