QA Lead - Unpublished R&D Product (Contract)
At Riot, we believe “QA” is more than the bug finding process that follows months of development work. For us it’s a set of values, practices and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists and designers to realize their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross discipline partnerships we are improving how quickly we can deliver while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity. This exciting opportunity challenges us to rethink our approach every single day to ensure we deliver the very best for our players. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
As a Quality Lead (Contractor), for a 6-month term of service, you will champion a comprehensive approach to testing to ensure the success of Riot’s projects. Quality Lead’s craft test plans, establish testing requirements & quality bars, perform exploratory testing, and drive implementation of static and dynamic testing processes. In addition, they also build close relationships with partners and deliver product health reports on a regular cadence. They put the players first, and work closely with their development team to tackle ambiguous and complex problems to combat player pain.
As a Quality Lead on the R&D team you are responsible for helping Riot test and deliver a brand new AAA title. You will collaborate with developers to support testing activities across all disciplines. You will also ensure the development of all test coverage within your product space and manage test, telemetry, and defect data and report regularly on product quality.
- Establish testing requirements and quality bars within assigned feature set
- Establish and document testing methodologies or testing tools
- Drive implementation of static testing processes
- Create functional and non-functional test suites
- Report, triage and monitor bugs via bug reporting workflow
- Manage system test coverage using outsource vendors
- Establish team quality metrics and track trends
- Report on test coverage progress and product health
- Identify and escalate risks to product or project quality
- Participate in product and process retrospectives
- Test & validate stories and tasks within sprints
- Perform exploratory testing on assigned features
- Find and escalate blocking issues
- 2+ years Quality Assurance experience with Bachelor’s or better
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).