Community Specialist Contractor
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Community Specialist Contractor, you'll help build, foster and enable a thriving Middle East League of Legends community. You'll act as Arabic-speaking players' ambassador, championing their needs and facilitating compelling community interaction. As part of a capable and motivated team, you will help crack our mission to breach a new mesosphere of player interaction. Your efforts won't simply engage the Arabic-speaking community – they'll help grow it from the living room to the campus, from LAN party to the world stage, and beyond.
As a Dubai Rioter*, you’ll join a small team that shares our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention, and maniacal passion for gaming. Riot Games Dubai is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show Middle East players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Collaboration is key, you will be working with Community teams across the MENA region, ensuring continual improvement in all things community-building, including methods for engagement, moderation policies, content building and outreach initiatives; coordinate with Production, Development and Marketing teams to brainstorm cross-disciplinary endeavors and bring community and website features online.Develop & Monitor social channels in both English & Arabic
- Execute influencer content strategy
- Execute strategies to manage official product pages
- As a Community Specialist (Contractor), you will write clearly and concisely in any written medium from email, to tweet, to 4,000 word manifesto; you’re able to write in multiple styles and tones while communicating a clear message that leaves no room for misunderstanding, gaffe, or offense.
- You listen to others and are sensitive to any communication style, that makes it easy for anyone to talk to you; others trust you and feel comfortable coming to you with all the info, so any rising problems can be tackled before they spiral into fiery vortices of bad vibrations. When problems appear, you’re the on-call fixer, applying your methodical approach to clean up even the stickiest of situations; you look past the obvious solution, checking in with all sources to uncover any hidden issues lying dormant.
- Manage and execute community initiatives
- Educated and Experienced: you have 3+ years of related experience or deep knowledge in game communities
- A Linguist: Arabic & English speaker fluent with an understanding over the MENA cultures
- A core gamer: Being a community specialist also involves you being a lifelong gamer who's passion for games (especially League of Legends) helps you stay focused on initiatives that make a difference to the players in and out of the game
- A citizen of Runeterra: Deep understanding of the League of Legends universe and it’s community
- A grammar guru: you hate everything about this bullet; and can spot grammar gaffes, improper punctuation and inconsistent writing.
EEOC: It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
*Legal Entity is still under formation