Technical Art Intern - Rigging
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Delivering visually stunning experiences for a global audience while also building new games gives artists exciting and complex problems to solve. Here, artists are working not only with one another, but also side-by-side with game designers, narrative writers, and audio designers and engineers to ensure that each piece of content from Riot reaches the level of quality players deserve. From animations to illustrations, cinematics to comics, characters to environments, we work as a team to put players first.
As part of the Technical Art, Rigging team, you’ll create, improve, and maintain rigs for characters and props. In addition to character rig generation you’ll own tool creation and maintenance for all other art disciplines. Working closely with animation, modeling and concept teams, you’ll uncover new ways to improve workflow and ensure functionality, consistency, and quality. Whether your support style resembles Sona’s softer side or Thresh’s aggressive hooks, you’ll be the carry behind the carry, helping hoist up the art teams on the strength of your rigs and tools.
As a Technical Art Intern - Rigging, you may:
- Create advanced rigs for a variety of characters and assets using Maya and other internal tools
- Troubleshoot problems for animators and other artists to break through blockers and remove inefficiencies
- Refresh the performance of our rigs and animations by running them through your creative quality control process
- Proactively promote collaboration between art teams to level up content synergy and consistency
- Spread knowledge of the team’s processes and help teams expand their technical know-how
- Consistently give and take constructive feedback, direct next steps, and communicate clear goals and outcomes to your team
- Enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks at the indicated office during the summer
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Unreal 4, including Blueprint
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. You can expect fully subsidized meals and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close January 17th 11:59pm PT
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).