Technical Artist - League of Legends
That's where you come in.
The mission of Technical Art at Riot is to establish and improve the systems, tools, rigs, and workflows that unleash the creativity of our artists and allow the production of the best possible art content for our players.
As a Tools & Pipeline Technical Artist, you’ll act as a bridge between artists and engineers supporting art production across a variety of art disciplines. You will be expected to own the resolution of any technical issues impacting the artists working on your projects and collaborating with engineering on new tool and pipeline development. As a subject matter expert with our tools and workflows you will also be responsible for working closely with artists to help them achieve their creative vision.
- Level up the end-to-end workflow for our many art disciplines, such as Character Art, Animation, Environment Art, and VFX
- Provide technical support to artists working from our art workflows, collecting data to further improve the tools they are using, making recommendations and improvements where necessary
- Produce technical assets (such as shaders/materials)
- Prototype new art assets and build asset generation pipelines and tools
- Collaborate with production to develop a long-term strategy to maintain and evolve the art workflows for your product
- Build close relationships with the artists and engineers you work alongside with to better understand their needs and collaborate on designs and workflow solutions
- 5+ years experience as a Technical Artist in games or related industries and completed at least 2 AAA games through the whole development cycle.
- Expertise in game development using modern engines, such as Unreal, Unity, or equivalent internal engine.
- Expertise in content creation and tool development in DCC tools, particularly Maya and Photoshop.
- Expertise in UI/UX design and front end development (Qt/PyQt skills are a plus).
- Skilled at Python scripting/programming
- Comfortable writing C# and C++
- Experience with Substance Designer and Substance Painter
- Experience in shader writing (HLSL/GLSL)
- Fluent Mandarin is definitely a plus
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.