Product Manager - Player Support Technology
At its core, Player Support is a team of diverse functions whose collective focus is to protect our most valuable Champions: the players. We aim to be the one-stop-shop for any and all points of player pain. This can be as simple as providing a fix for a common bug to assisting a player in the deepest throws of tilt, all with courtesy and empathy. We level up our agents through comprehensive Learning and Development to ensure they’re fully equipped to tackle any challenge. Wolf, our Player Support Technology team, builds tools and applications engineered to aid players. We work tirelessly to defend the player base from emergent issues, provide vision on potential pitfalls, and solidify superb strategies to find the best possible solutions. Working directly alongside product, publishing, and engineering, we always aim to buff up our team to continue making a difference for 100 million players across the globe (and counting!)
As a Product Manager, Player Support Tech you will report directly to the Head of Player Support and are an important member of the Player Support leadership team - holding the vision for the future and design of Riot’s player support systems which include the Riot Games support site, support tools, self service automation, and game integrations to name a few.
As the vision holder, you will understand Player Support’s mission and establish how technology, and integrations can be best used to achieve it. You will lead projects that fuse customer service technology with Riot’s backend systems to unlock our ability to provide increasing value directly through player support. In partnership with the Head of Player Support, you will be trusted in leading the engineering output of the group.
- Establish the roadmap for Riot’s Player Support systems
- Direct our player support platform by partnering with other teams such as game studios, user experience, legal, international, vendors, and player support to bring a legendary support experience to our players.
- Lead products through the entire lifecycle of ideation, conception, validation, measurement, and iterative improvement
- Lead the continued focus on Player Support systems excellence including our Support Site, Blitzcrank Bot (Automation), Machine Learning, Proactive Support, and Player Tools.
- Work with Player Support leadership and international regions to ensure relevant teams understand technical strategy, local impacts, and rollout plans.
- Discuss technical trade-offs, dive deep into the technical implementation details, and support technical decisions in development meetings as the representative of Player Support.
- Build a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate developers, serve as custodian of team health, and cultivate a culture of success.
- Support forecasting, budgeting, and department level strategy as an essential member of the Player Support leadership team
- 8+ years of product management experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Record of developing solutions to new problems, or continuously improving systems and processes
- Experience using data analysis tools and methodologies (excel modeling, SQL, Google Analytics)
- The ability to work with all team members and lead by example
- Experience with support standards and trends (CRM, NLP, Chat Bots)
- Experience working with technology and web standards (relational database, distributed server infrastructure, data warehousing, SEO, analytics)
- Record of launching technical solutions for a global audience
- 2+ years of experience in operations focused roles or supporting operations focused teams
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).