Technical Game Designer III, Mobile - Unpublished R&D Product
As a Technical Game Designer, you'll be responsible for both programming and design work aimed at delivering an exciting new gaming experience. You will be at the forefront of implementing new features that push the current technical boundaries, unlocking and improving the efficiency of design across the project.
As a Technical Game Designer III within Riot R&D you will help Riot build a brand new AAA title. You will design and refine features, modes, and systems to help bring mobile game products to market. You will report to the Senior Manager, Game Design. Working on a small interdisciplinary team, you will have autonomy to balance technical and design priorities while helping to shape the game.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, artists, and producers to design and implement multiple in-game features
- Identify and implement technical improvements to account for future gameplay needs and allow designers to scale their impact
- Work with design and product leadership to prototype new design spaces and opportunities
- Lead and refine design initiatives currently in development
- Define standards within designer tools to craft maintainable implementations
- 5+ years of experience in professional Game Design
- 3+ years of experience in professional engineering
- At least 1 shipped mobile title
- Professional experience using an object-oriented programming language
- Experience planning technical and design efforts for projects
- Experience owning features in a rapid development environment
- Experience balancing product goals with design decisions
- Experience in Unreal game engine
- Deep knowledge of pvp action games and empathy for pvp action players
- Experience with in-game systems design
- At least 3 shipped mobile titles
- Experience working on a AAA game
- Experience leading game features
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).