Senior Counsel (Privacy)
The Riot Legal team has the responsibility to always provide the highest quality legal services that fully align with Riot’s company mission of putting players first. Figuring out what’s “best for the company” always begins with thinking about what’s “best for players.” Every policy or contract that we draft; every lawsuit that we file or defend against; every letter we send; and all the legal advice that we give to our partners, must always be done with our players’ interests in mind.
Riot is now creating more content than ever before. We transformed from a one-game company to a true entertainment studio with multiple games and entertainment properties. As Senior Privacy Counsel, reporting to the General Counsel, you will provide outstanding legal advice to help Riot get to the next level.
- Advise on internal processes around data privacy and security.
- Determine appropriate data protection terms in contracts, marketing materials, and Riot policies.
- Provide strategic counsel on matters relating to Riot’s player and employee data practices.
- Monitor, research, and evaluate federal and state legislation, regulatory developments and other risk factors that can affect Riot’s business and operations
- Provide strategic advice to business and game teams about legal risks and compliance requirements.
- Help build out Riot’s internal compliance function across various risk areas and our needs beyond data privacy
- Work with the global Legal team to protect the interests of Riot and its players
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements including vendor, IP/IT licensing, publishing agreements, entertainment and media licenses, and esports-related operational, streaming, and sponsorship agreements.
- 5 or more years experience as an attorney at a reputable law firm and company
- Strong background and knowledge of privacy law
- Experience working at or with a major video game publisher
- Other, non-privacy regulatory experience
- IAPP certification(s)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).