Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it is for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
As a Mexico City Rioter, you will join a small team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and maniacal passion for gaming. With teams in Marketing, Business Development, Publishing and Esports, Riot Games Mexico City is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show local players they aren't lost in translation.
We’re looking for capable professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment.
That's where you come in.
The Revenue Strategist exists to ensure all revenue goals are met for Riot Games in Latin America. They will be tasked with the discovery of new opportunities to optimize our e-commerce funnel, and also with the planning and deployment of strategies that seize those opportunities and grow our business in a sustainable way.
An experienced contributor: you bring at least five years of experience in the field with results leading cross-discipline groups; bonus points if that XP includes a Master's Degree in Business or Marketing
Insights-driven: you know how to use your suite of skills to level up your team’s creative ideas; you back up those business development, metrics and stats translating that into applicable items and setting up the north for our teams and organization. You can see beyond the metrics and make patterns and trends to emerge, and then use them to make strategic calls that set up your team for success.
A strategic listener: you know that a great idea can come from anywhere, and you always keep an open mind to new thoughts and suggestions; you're able to strategically sift through multiple opinions and viewpoints to reveal valuable nuggets of insight.
An equipped communicator: you effectively convert data into reports and presentations that clearly illustrate opportunities and outline risks; you communicate easily in the most appropriate medium, be it email, hallway conversation, or smoke signals.
A self-driven accomplisher: you set aggressive goals for yourself and your team and motivate everyone to pull together and achieve them; you celebrate successes as a team, but take responsibility as the accountable one when things don't go according to plan.
Player-focused: you're a passionate gamer and deeply enjoy League of Legends universe with its varied dimensions. You've been a PC or console gamer since the day you could lift a mouse or hold a controller; you use your personal understanding of the game experience to make decisions with the player in mind.
- Lead the efforts in the e-commerce discipline in Latam formulating new projects to drive to completion;
- Evaluate the success of e-commerce initiatives and use your learnings to improve future projects and programs;
- Work with Regional Brand Managers to plan the promotion strategies for the upcoming campaigns;
- Support the relevant tactics that nurture the evergreen revenue practice;
- Use metrics and analysis to predict the potential resource cost, business impact, and (most importantly) player reaction to proposed e-commerce initiatives.
- Keep Riot on track by delivering clear, compelling presentations that align our e-commerce priorities.
- Use your negotiation skills to align Rioters and partners behind your vision of commercial terms, pricing strategy, communication plans, and performance metrics.
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Marketing (MBA is a nice to have)
- Over 5 years of experience working on e-commerce for a digital goods brand and/or retail-oriented digital marketing. At least 3 years of experience working in a multi-country environment.
- Advanced knowledge in e-commerce, digital marketing, data-driven planning, growth hacking and research. Payment methods and video game publishing are desired.
- Familiarity with Latam markets.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and mentorship in projects for the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players and fans, this could be the role for you!
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.