Sr Security Operations Engineer
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Riot Security Engineers and Analysts hold an in-depth knowledge of specific areas of expertise. We don't just focus on breaking things; we support teams across Riot to develop security capabilities which help protect player experiences. We relish the opportunity to work with new tech stacks and product teams, each with their own unique security risk profile. At the most fundamental level, their goal is to help provide value to players and make life harder for troublemakers.
Our Security Operations (SecOps) team monitors and analyzes Riot's security efforts across the organization and for our players. Their mission is to quickly detect and respond to threat actors across the globe. Their ability to not only think critically when it comes to security threats, but technically by developing tools (e.g. automate security processes) is necessary to their success. From working closely with local and federal law enforcement agencies around security incidents to defending against the next DDoS, they are here to protect Riot and our players.
- Probe and research security risks that directly impact players
- Oversee the assessment and investigation security events Contribute to Riot's global Security Operations road-map
- Work with product teams and security leadership throughout the incident investigation cycle to ensure remediation, eradication and lessons learned are rolled back into daily operations.
- Be the escalation point for all security events and investigations
- There will be a small amount of travel as part of a global team
- 10+ years of experience in an Security Operations role
- Experience leading a technical team, including Incident Response, Engineering or Forensics teams
- Experience leading incident response efforts and reporting to relevant partners. This should include hands-on experience completing malware analysis, memory analysis and disk forensic
- Experience mentoring and developing security engineers
- Understanding of networking and have applied this knowledge to full packet analysis
- As comfortable communicating in distributed teams as with people sitting right next to you
- Experience with cloud security features and vulnerabilities
- Experience using Elastic and ELK
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).