Senior Game Designer, Console - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0002019
As a Senior Game Designer, you will design, tweak, and optimize the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity aid in crafting in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to innovate and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
As a Senior Game Designer within Riot R&D you will help Riot build a brand new AAA title. You will design and refine features, modes, and systems to help bring console game products to market. You will report to the Senior Manager, Game Design.
- Design and refine systems that delight and satisfy players needs for competition
- Work with other disciplines to build features that meet product goals
- Seek opportunities for new design spaces in collaboration with Product Managers and Design Leadership.
- Create and provide multiple potential designs and solutions. Articulate trade-offs and risks between different options.
- Playtest our game and help push for continued improvements for existing designs and fresh prototypes.
- 5+ years of experience in professional Game Design
- Shipped or worked on at least one console based AAA+ online competitive game
- Can create and improve complex systems with attention to the player impacts and downstream effects
- Deep level of understanding, passion, and engagement with online competitive games.
- Views potential 'charged' player feedback as an opportunity to better understand and improve the product.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).