Project Manager - Riot Games Music
Job Id: REQ-0003823
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about music and games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Music Project Manager you will manage music production from conception to final delivery. You will manage the production plan and oversee the end-to-end music production processes. You will be a problem solver and work with the production team to remove any blockers.
You will also work closely with brand, marketing, creative, and our partner teams (as well as third-party vendors) to deliver an engaging music experience for players. For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work.
- Own the delivery of music from inception to final delivery
- Ensure smooth production coordination and execution
- Responsible for establishing, tracking, communicating, and holding folks accountable for the project milestones
- Draft and maintain detailed music production plans
- Ensure proper delivery visibility to leadership and stakeholders
- Documenting key meetings / creation of artifacts
- Identify and remove blockers
- Provide the team with all the tools needed for success
- Facilitate music production charter and meetings
- Build continuous improvement through retros and newly acquired knowledge
- Collaborate with partner teams
- 5+ years experience working in creative or music production
- A clear communicator: you convey your thoughts with ease and clarity, whether you're writing an email or giving a presentation.
- A true problem solver: you take pride in your work, and view each new problem as an opportunity for success; you approach challenges methodically, sparking discussions as you work towards prioritizing and ideating possible solutions.
- Adaptable: you recognize that situations change and complications arise, and you're ok with that; you're coolly flexible and able to handle whatever comes your way, moving seamlessly from one administrative scenario to the next.
- A high-pressure performer: you thrive when the clock is ticking, delivering high-quality results in high-stress situations.
- A self-starter: you can identify the holes in an operation and take timely action to deliver solutions with limited direction.
- Detail oriented organizer: nothing gets past you and your eye for detail as you navigate each stage of production with a plan for success.
- Highly organized and prompt: your keen eye for details and ability to keep fast moving information organized will help the team access anything they need at a given notice.
- Empathetic and good listener: you embody the spirit of steward leadership, listening to the team's needs and organizing the team to best fit their working needs.
- An experienced collaborator: you’re also a natural and avid collaborator; you coat-check your ego.
- Strong ability to formulate processes
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.