Manager, Software Engineering, Console Tech Lead - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0004441
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll be responsible for bringing the VALORANT experience to console players by building and leading a team of engineers focused on the console experience. You’ll work with existing VALORANT teams to manage dependencies and help us convert VALORANT to a multi-platform studio. You’ll also serve as an advisor to other managers, supporting plans to improve organizational design and structure.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Software Engineering Manager on the VALORANT team, you will help Riot continue to build and deliver our exciting entry into the FPS genre. You will keep the players' experience in mind as you build systems and features to support VALORANT’s development team. You will also work with artists, designers, and producers to deliver genre-defining experiences to our players. You will report to our Platform Extensions Engineering Manager.
- Build, manage, and lead a team of engineers working to bring the VALORANT experience to consoles.
- Create, review, and reframe an engineering vision with the team and key stakeholders including the Technology, Product, and Process Leads.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with other VALORANT teams to ensure we build VALORANT as a multi-platform game in a sustainable manner.
- Identify, recruit, interview, and hire software engineers to help teams scale effectively.
- Demonstrate a high bar of craft excellence for your team
- Cultivate your team's culture of collaboration, creativity, and passion for game making
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with Playstation or Xbox development.
- Experience developing in Unreal Engine
- 2+ years of C++ or other low-level code experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).