Game Designer III - VALORANT, Mobile (AI)
Job Id: REQ-0004888
As a Senior Game Designer, you will design, tweak, and improve the player experience. Your player insight and creativity will be used to help create in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to improve and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). There are millions of players excited to play VALORANT if only it was available on their platform of choice. As a Combat Designer for Mobile, you will help build the design of core combat systems on phones. You will uphold design principles that define VALORANT on PC while transforming it into the definitive tactical shooter for Mobile. You will adapt the challenging PC gameplay to better meet the needs and expectations of mobile players. You will report to the Lead Mobile Combat Designer.
- Design gameplay systems that make VALORANT the definitive tactical shooter on mobile
- Work with other disciplines to take content and features from conception to our players' hands.
- Script and prototype shippable content and features
- Seek opportunities for new design spaces in collaboration with Product Managers and Design Leadership.
- Create and provide multiple potential designs and solutions. Articulate trade-offs and risks between different options.
- Playtest VALORANT and help push for continued improvements for existing designs and fresh prototypes.
- Work with the playerbase on all relevant platforms and understand the nuanced differences between them.
- 5+ years of experience in professional Game Design
- Shipped or worked on at least one AAA+ online competitive game
- Can create complex systems with attention to the player impacts and downstream effects
- Deep familiarity with FPS games or competitive games
- Can use existing frameworks to develop novel solutions and reverse-engineer designs
- Experience working as a developer on an FPS title on mobile.
- Understand Tactical FPS principles and can apply them.
- Experience with mobile FPS market and player motivations and behaviors.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $136,000 USD - $190,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
(Bellevue only) Base salary range between $136,000 USD - $190,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).