Established in early 2016, the Hong Kong Studio is Riot’s first international game development studio. We’re a diverse team, representing 15 nationalities and partnering with teams in the LA headquarters on our flagship title League of Legends, and on an unannounced R&D project, putting the “s” in Riot Games.
While operating like a startup—with autonomy and total ownership—we’re doubling down on our ambitions to build out a world-class studio in a vibrant, international city, on a continent that is home to the League of Legends World Champion teams for the last seven years running. The Hong Kong Studio is searching the planet for talented, passionate people, across all aspects of game development, to help build Riot’s blueprint for a global, multi-studio world... and to make great games!
As a further step forward, we’ve done away with the traditional hierarchical title structure. Even though titles don’t really matter at any Riot office, taking this extra step helps reinforce our desire to keep teamwork at the forefront of what we do. Focusing on working together helps promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity so every Rioter can thrive while we relentlessly pursue games.
That's where you come in.
As a Recruiting Lead, you'll discover and court the best and brightest talent who value personal growth, collaboration, and the player experience above all. You'll be responsible for full cycle recruiting in the Hong Kong Studio, managing new candidates and giving potential Rioters a comprehensive look into how they'll utilize their skills to tackle meaty projects that foster engaging player experiences around the world.
- Full cycle: you've been in the thick of corporate recruiting action for over five years, managing everything from finding candidates to dishing out congratulatory fist-bumps on their first day; if you've led truly global recruiting efforts that will earn you bonus points
- An adept researcher: scoping out candidates from every angle, you build and utilize various sourcing plans and tools, including phone screens, internet research and professional networks, to find top talent
- Persuasive: you could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves; when engaging with potential hires, you know how pushy is too pushy and can tailor your pitches to specific candidates
- Inquisitive: with your discerning eye, you leave no stone unturned or pertinent question unasked; candidates are your favorite book to read, and you dive in between the lines to get to the heart of the text
- Organized and agile: others can juggle a plate or two, but you can juggle the whole buffet; you can quickly change course when priorities shift or candidates fall through
- Player-focused: as a player yourself, you can suss out those with genuine gamer mindsets to find candidates who will thrive in a culture that takes play seriously
- Foster long-term relationships with high-caliber talent; build and maintain a network of candidates and help add new Rioters to the mix
- Partner closely with Hiring Managers, working side by side to look under every nook and cranny in the search of potential future Rioters.
- Collaborate with internal hiring teams, and external agencies around the world to drive recruiting efforts, increase hiring efficacy and find awesome talent
- Dream up creative ways to cultivate candidate referrals across all teams
- Improve and enrich the candidate database with relevant and timely information about high-priority hires and vetted agencies
- You'll handle recruitment from "apply" to offer letter, onboarding, and beyond
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.